Bulletproof Coffee

TakinSexyBack
TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
Ok, y'all, if you haven't heard of this and you like coffee, you will be amazed! This is a way to get a good energy kick and get some good fats in at the same time! (You can also do this with broth if you don't like coffee)!

Recipe link at: http://www.dailypercolator.com/food_ventures/bulletproofcoffee/

Ingredients

6-8oz of black brewed coffee
1 Tbls of Kerry Gold or other UNSALTED grass-fed butter
2 Tbls of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1/8th tsp Vanilla Extract (Optional)
Pumpkin Pie Seasoning (Optional)
Instructions

Start with 6-8oz of black coffee brewed from organic, mold-free beans (important)
Add 1-2 Tbls of Kerry Gold or other UNSALTED grass-fed butter
Add 1-2 Tbls of organic virgin coconut oil for max energy, weight loss and brain function- I use
Blend with a pre-heated hand blender or Magic Bullet until there is a creamy head of foam
Note: If your tummy isn't used to healthy fats, you may need to give it time to adjust. Reduce the fat rations to your liking and what your belly will tolerate and slowly increase.

Replies

• cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    I drink bulletproof coffee as my breakfast about 4 or 5 times a week. I use 1T of kerrygold butter, 1T of organic coconut oil, a few drops of ez-sweets. Blend it with about 10 oz of coffee with my electric hand wisk until foamy. Add in about 2T of half & half (or heavy whipping cream) and I'm ready to go. It keeps me satisfied for about 4 hours.
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    I just tried this for the first time this weekend. I'm in LOVE! The past two days I've had it for breakfast alone. It's pretty good. I;m definitely ready for a snack about 3-3.5hrs after I've had this. It definitely helps me get my fat for the day. It also has tons of calorie due to the fat so I'm still trying to work it all out. I might just put 1 tbsp. each of butter and coconut oil, and see how that goes.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 460 Member
    Are you all doing the Bullet Proof diet or just the coffee? I have been experimenting with parts of it for the past week.
  • lowrahbee85
    lowrahbee85 Posts: 6 Member
    Excited to try this tomorrow. I am a coffee fanatic, and this sounds like a great swap out for all the fancy drinks I love.
  • bullet proof coffee is amazing!! add a scoop of chocolate protein powder in addition to 2tbs of heavy cream. it's like creamy hot chocolate!
  • MichelleLaClair
    MichelleLaClair Posts: 3 Member
    I Love BP Coffee!!

• awisdom309
    awisdom309 Posts: 22 Member
    I have been having BP teas every morning
  • Tonekupone
    Tonekupone Posts: 12 Member
    edited September 2016
    I love my BP coffee. I've opted out of butter and just use coconut oil. I've noticed that my weight loss has slowed down. I'm wondering if BP coffee isn't the culprit. MCT's are not stored and are burned immediately for energy. I think it's causing my body to not burn the stored fat for energy. Thinking about cutting back on the BP coffee for a few weeks or so to try this theory out.