Returnting to Fitbit from Apple Watch; Blaze or Charge 2 ?

Options
No disrespect to Apple enthusiast or the watch itself. I am loyal to Apple's smartphones and computers. I love the products! I also think that the Apple Watch is a good motivating tool, I think, especially for those just getting into physical fitness and need an extra incentive. However, all of the cool bells & whistles didn't work for me. I found the Apple Watch more of a distraction and a bit less of an actual fitness aid. I had a Fitbit Charge HR prior to the Apple Watch. After using the AW I really missed the option to see my progress on a desktop, easy sync capabilities with 3rd party apps and the ability to edit/customize my workouts on the fly with the Fitbit system. Therefore I sold my Apple Watch today and I'm trying to decide on the Blaze or the Charge 2. I'm more leaning towards the Charge 2 due to its simplistic hardware and sleek design. The Blaze looks great but I don't think I'll need the few extra features. Yet the wrist band of the Blaze seems more secure.

Any suggestions or opinions?

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I was debating the same thing...

I was planning on buying myself a new Fitbit for my birthday next year, but then the back started coming off my Charge HR. My husband tried gluing it back on with some silicone glue (he can generally fix anything), but the fix didn't last. It still works, but the back won't stay on if there's any stress on it, so charging it is a challenge. So, no waiting for my birthday - I need a new tracker now.

So, I contacted Fitbit and they offered me a 25% discount on a new tracker since I'm past the warranty period. I had been seriously considering the Blaze - that big, color screen looks nice, but it would be a lot bigger than any watch I've ever worn. Then, I looked at the new Charge 2 features and decided I could live without the color display. I think I'll find value in some of the new features. I'm not sure about the difference in how the wrist bands of the two devices differ - or what it is that you think is more secure about the Blaze. I do like that the Charge 2 band can be changed. I'll probably get another band for it at some point, just to have the variety.

My blue Charge 2 arrives next week, and I can't wait.
  • jessi1199
    jessi1199 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the Blaze and I love it! However, the main reason I upgraded was so that I could change bands. Now that you can do that with the new charge hr 2, if I were in the market right now, I would maybe opt for that since it has all the main features of the blaze and it's cheaper. I have gotten used to my big color screen, though, and you can find nice, cheap bands on amazon for it. I have a rose gold one that I love. I don't mind the size of it at all, but I've always liked big watches.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I was debating the same thing...

I was planning on buying myself a new Fitbit for my birthday next year, but then the back started coming off my Charge HR. My husband tried gluing it back on with some silicone glue (he can generally fix anything), but the fix didn't last. It still works, but the back won't stay on if there's any stress on it, so charging it is a challenge. So, no waiting for my birthday - I need a new tracker now.

So, I contacted Fitbit and they offered me a 25% discount on a new tracker since I'm past the warranty period. I had been seriously considering the Blaze - that big, color screen looks nice, but it would be a lot bigger than any watch I've ever worn. Then, I looked at the new Charge 2 features and decided I could live without the color display. I think I'll find value in some of the new features. I'm not sure about the difference in how the wrist bands of the two devices differ - or what it is that you think is more secure about the Blaze. I do like that the Charge 2 band can be changed. I'll probably get another band for it at some point, just to have the variety.

My blue Charge 2 arrives next week, and I can't wait.

Thanks for posting this Nancy, my fitbit Charge HR stopped tracking my heart rate yesterday and so far none of the troubleshooting has worked. HR tracking is my favorite feature. I will call them to see if there is something else to try that isn't on the web site and since I am well off warranty hope they offer me 25% off as well.

I have to say, the Fitbit has been more than worth it for me. It has changed my day to day lifestyle more than anything else ever has. MFP and Fitbit have been a potent mixture for me. I am fitter now than I have been in decades :).
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy : You're welcome. I hope you can get a discount on a new one. I also value the HR tracking on my Fitbit and feel that the Fitbit in general has made a huge difference to my fitness and weight. I am loving my Charge 2.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    @retirehappy : You're welcome. I hope you can get a discount on a new one. I also value the HR tracking on my Fitbit and feel that the Fitbit in general has made a huge difference to my fitness and weight. I am loving my Charge 2.

Had a support chat, and the agent got it working again, drat now I have to wait for Santa to bring me a new one o:)

Glad you are liking the new one. I think the pinkish leather one would be a delightful thing.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Had two Fitbit Blazes and still not happy. Going to try Charge 2. I would love to try Garmin.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Had two Fitbit Blazes and still not happy. Going to try Charge 2. I would love to try Garmin.
    What was the issue? I've really been tempted to pick up a Blaze for my birthday and relegate my Charge 2 to an alarm

• retirehappy
    Options

Had a support chat, and the agent got it working again, drat now I have to wait for Santa to bring me a new one o:)

Glad you are liking the new one. I think the pinkish leather one would be a delightful thing.

It was acting up again this morning, said my HR was 225 while sitting in front of my computer doing the troubleshooting steps. I measured it manually and got 75. It eventually went back down to the proper range. So I don't trust it right now. I have disconnected it from my MFP account and not letting it do adjustments until it works for a few days as it should. If it doesn't I think I will be ordering a new one soon.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options

It was acting up again this morning, said my HR was 225 while sitting in front of my computer doing the troubleshooting steps. I measured it manually and got 75. It eventually went back down to the proper range. So I don't trust it right now. I have disconnected it from my MFP account and not letting it do adjustments until it works for a few days as it should. If it doesn't I think I will be ordering a new one soon.

Weird. I haven't experienced that myself, but I would be frustrated as well.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    sue_01 wrote: »
    What was the issue? I've really been tempted to pick up a Blaze for my birthday and relegate my Charge 2 to an alarm
    My steps were not accurate, I was given another Blaze from Fitbit but I still have the same problem. I have the Charge 2 coming at the end of the week.