sweet potato toast? WHAT?? Must try

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/sweet-potato-toast-recipes/

ymmv

The one with ham, egg and spinach looks divine.

4grams of carbs. Avocado looks good too.

Replies

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! I will try. Usually I fry sweet potato chips in coconut oil then add creme fraiche, chilli flakes and add salt and pepper. This looks like a good idea.
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I've just saved this idea in a file so I'll remember it. Thanks for sharing!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    That's pretty interesting. I back tracked to the original site that was linked to see if the sweet potato slices were indeed popped into a toaster and they are. Recipe indicated one may need to toast twice for best results. I thought there may be too much moisture in a sweet potato but I guess not. I'm not currently eating sweet potatoes but this is a really cool idea.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It looks great, I haven't tried it yet.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You know, with the latest craze of "tapas" (eating a bunch of little things and sharing) I could see sweet potatoes being great for that. Instead of all the bread and crackers that they usually serve, just toast up some sweet potatoes. It would be nice to spread some chicken salad on too, like an open faced sandwich sort of deal.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Great idea for appetizers too, sliced the other way, gonna have to remember this one.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Usually I fry sweet potato chips in coconut oil then add creme fraiche, chilli flakes and add salt and pepper. This looks like a good idea.
    This sounds delicious!
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This post just made my day!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The other way I like to eat them is to spiralize them then shallow pan fry with lashings of butter and a bit of olive oil with fatty bacon and cream and/or full fat yoghurt. Add a sprinkle of fresh parsley or lemon juice, salt and pepper. So satisfying! I used to think that sweet potato was "off the menu" or at the least, rather indulgent since it contains a fairly high amount of sugar but now I am not so sure since it also contains a good deal of fibre. Regardless, it is delicious, that's for sure!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I haven't really been eating them but I could see those fitting my macros. :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Great idea! I haven't really been eating them but I could see those fitting my macros. :)
    Me too!!! Sub out the veg with my egg and I've got it!