Fitbit not doing anything is exercise.... help

Options
Hi, so I havent been logging fora year but I am back. I am confused as to why my fitbit charge is not syncing in my exercise. Its not given me any exercise calories. I have disconnected and reconnected and its still not working. If go in to the check in part I can see the steps I have don, although it hasnnt got all the steps. So any ideas. It used to add in info in the exercise part during the day and am doing around the same amount of steps I did before. Any ideas. Thanks

Replies

• Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mine does that sometimes too. After about 30 minutes or so (on a day that it's all working correctly) it syncs.
  • Naruya8
    Naruya8 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The sync is not working currently, but they're working on a fix:
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2574495--issues-with-fitbit-api-9-19
  • dyingearth
    dyingearth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Naruya wrote: »
    The sync is not working currently, but they're working on a fix:
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2574495--issues-with-fitbit-api-9-19

That article claimed that the sync issue is fixed. It is only partially fixed. Data from MyFitnessPal goes to Fitbit, but not the other way around.
  • Naruya8
    Options
    Maybe try to reconnect your accounts then, because it's syncing both ways for me so it seems fixed.
  • dyingearth
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Naruya wrote: »
    Maybe try to reconnect your accounts then, because it's syncing both ways for me so it seems fixed.

Just disconnect the app and reconnect again, still no go.

OK the same update thread http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2574495--issues-with-fitbit-api-9-19 is now reporting the same issue. They ask that we do not unsync and sync.
  • dyingearth
    Options
    OK my adjustment came in for today. Yesterday is still zero.
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    thanks, atleast I know its not just me. I will try and be patient
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    make sure in the settings for mfp (if you're using the app), are set to track steps from your fitbit account (tap the widget button at the top left of the screen, scroll down to step tracking, and select fitbit). If you haven't logged in for a while and are coming back, the updated app may have reset your settings
  • Naruya8
    Options
    Actually, I think that might be the problem. When I unlinked and relinked my account to try and solve the problem the app was set to not track any steps, so there was no wonder the adjustment didn't show up. After setting it to Fitbit steps and restarting it it started showing up again. I don't think there's any way to solve yesterday's adjustment though, as Fitbit only syncs today's information to MFP. The other way around does work I think - I can still add food to yesterday's diary and it gets synced to Fitbit.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You can make a change on Fitbit prior day to cause a sync of prior day's data to MFP - usually.

After a few days (amount has changed) - it stops doing that.

So add a manual workout on Fitbit during a time of already increased activity - causing a decrease to the daily burn.
    Then when you delete this bogus entry - calories for day goes back up.