MCT oil ??

Options
BaconSan2
BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
Can you use it to make salad dressing? Not just a single serving but to make a bottle of it to keep in the fridge. I have a dressing "Hollyhock Dressing" from the Best of Bridge book that I like and would like to make the oil part with MCT.

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    yes! Absolutely you can
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it for salad dressing (yet), but what a great idea!
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    Thanks!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've not tried it.
    I've considered it.
    I like a good bit of dressing on my salads.
    I hear one should be careful with the quantity of MCT oil they take.
    At least initially.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hmm that's a good point, I've never done a 100% MCT dressing. More like 25%!
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    this dressing would be like 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, 1/8 cup MCT oil & nutritional yeast flakes.
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    What happens if you take the too much MCT oil? The shats or the more serious the death of some organ??!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    BaconSan2 wrote: »
    What happens if you take the too much MCT oil? The shats or the more serious the death of some organ??!

Disaster pants.
    Maybe blend with olive oil or avocado oil ??? Also, may not be an issue for you at all. I can have multiple tablespoons of MCT in a short time with no issues, but some can barely handle a teaspoon.
  • jabu12345
    jabu12345 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    BaconSan2 wrote: »

Yeah, I've over done it. Make my stomach hurt and I get heartburn. I never get heartburn. I've heard someone describe it as "digestive gymnastics".
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    All good points here - thanks everyone.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @baconslave or @toadqueen someone had talked about making homemade mayo with MCT oil - being a fabulous taste - so I can't imagine how the dressing would be bad with it... And yeah, 1/8 cup isn't much - 2 TBSP... Is that a single batch, eaten by one person? Or will it be stored? It's a cup worth of dressing, so I'm assuming it isn't all at once, so that shouldn't be a problem at all, unless you've reacted to coconut oil or MCT oil before...
  • BaconSan2
    Options
    It will be stored. No I have no reaction thus far. It is just I have a big bottle of it and I keep forgetting to take it and I thought salad dressing might be a way