Just help...

Options
EMSchell2009
EMSchell2009 Posts: 17 Member
In 2015 I had a handle on it. I had lost 70 lbs. The 2015 reared its ugly head. I lost an Aunt to suicide, have had numerous monetary problems and have been passed up numerous times for a promotion at work. I let bad habits creep back in and gained back 40 of the 70 lbs.

I have pulled myself up in the last two days and decided to begin again. The problem is that my feed for MFP has a lot of crickets. I really need help. I need a few people to add me to thier feed. I am not asking for sympathy, just...help.

Emily

Replies

• caroldutton
    caroldutton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily, how are you? If I can be of help I will try. Emotional eating is very hard to overcome, but I do it too, and I know it is such a destructive thing. So maybe we can work on it and pull ourselves out of the trap. I have lost weight before, and gained it back so I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. But I am starting over and I think I can do it again and keep it off this time. I think you can also do it and keep it off. Life can throw us some curves, but our health is so important. We must take control and set a plan in motion to accomplish our goals. You got this friend, you can do it. Find something that you can live with and do it. MFP has become my new best friend. I faithfully log all food in here everyday. If I forget something I add it before I close my diary for the night. It has helped me so much to keep myself in line. Hope you are using their set up for the diary. Nice meeting you, and wishing you much success.
  • caroldutton
    caroldutton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I can find you Emily. I will try. This is new to me and I'm not sure how to add you.
  • lorischeuher
    lorischeuher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can add me emotional eating is one of my biggest problem
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you...
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You still shed 30lbs, that's something to be proud of!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • GalatiansTwoTwenty
    Options
    I believe overcoming emotional eating is a day to day process. And when those rough times happen, my husband passed away almost a year ago, it can throw us for a loop! You have done well, however, because you have not given up! I feel that even though emotional eating seems to get the best of me sometimes, it really hasn't if I realize it! I was reminded today of what a counselor told me one time, actually several times, that true progress is imperfect. We are not failures because we take two steps forward and one back - failure would be just sitting down on the road and never getting up again! Hope this helps! I will do my best to add you as a friend so we can encourage one another (I am new to the internet and new to MFP, but I will eventually add you). Many, many blessings!
  • GalatiansTwoTwenty
    Options
    I just had a message that my friend request was sent to you - we'll see if I did it correctly!
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can add me - I was a product of emotional eating off and on for a long time. I still do it every so often, but will be more than willing to lend a hand.