Pain 1 week post op

Options
My stomach was taken through an incision on the right. Last night mid sleep I awoke with stabbing pains on my left side rib cage area. It keeps coming and going! Is the normal???

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I would call your doctor - that doesn't seem normal to me. I would expect some pain but not like that
  • carpe_vinum
    carpe_vinum Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That is definitely NOT OK. Call your surgeon or head to the ER. Have you been having gas pain?
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I thought gas, but you say it keeps coming and going. Call the surgeons office just to be sure. If it's gas, a walk will help.
  • metalmaiden63217
    metalmaiden63217 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of pain afterwards, and it was due to not using the breathing aspiration thingy. They said I had air trapped. But definitely get checked out because it could be a number of things. Better safe than sorry
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    I went through this post op. Unfortunately some people experience this as a side effect. It will go away. Mine took nearly three months. But, going through that pain motivated me to stick to my diet plan because I wanted the pain to be for a reason. To this day, when I remember the post op pain, I am able to reaffirm that I need to stay true to my plan so the pain wasn't in vain...
    Having said that, you should follow up with your surgeon so they can confirm it isn't something serious.