Hi! I would like to start working on my lower body (glutes, quads, and hams). Tips for a beginner?

Options
Ballynn05
Ballynn05 Posts: 18 Member
Using simple dumbbells (10-15lbs) what is a good home workout routine for beginners to use and is none time consuming (1hr max workout)?

Beginner ab workouts using light medicine ball?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. And feel free to add me. I could always use the support from others on strength training.

Replies

• SuperMelinator
    SuperMelinator Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    lower bod basics - Squats, lunges, step-ups, single leg deadlifts
    abs - leg raises, planks, side planks, russian twists...there's lots of stuff.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves is fairly lower body focused... it has a body weight program and I'm sure you could add dumbbells to some of the exercises to make them more challenging over time. The workouts aren't very long, they are full body 3-4x per week . You can find the PDF online or you can buy the book.
  • Ballynn05
    Ballynn05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks ladies. I think I have a general workout plan to go by. I shall be starting tomorrow =)
  • oann8052
    oann8052 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There's lots of dvd's out there for home workouts one of my favorites is The Firm but the old school style check out some of their videos on YouTube and see if you like them. Good luck and wishing you much success!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Working your lower body is great, but don't forget the upper!
  • fitBoomer1952
    fitBoomer1952 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't know if mfp has videos or specific info so site I use for weights is muscleandfitness. It has an incredible video section where trainers demonstrate correct way to do stuff. Been doing this for over 40 years and it is life changing! Keep up the good work! Do it right!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I second Strong Curves. there are 4 different programs & if you get the book the whole back half is a glossary of exercises to you can sub out for anything you don't have the equipment/ability to do.