That's It! Abandon Civilization! Back to the Trees!

Options
FIT_Goat
FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this, at a distance of roughly ninety million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet, whose ape descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. This planet has, or had, a problem, which was this. Most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small, green pieces of paper, which is odd, because on the whole, it wasn't the small, green pieces of paper which were unhappy. And so the problem remained, and lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake coming down from the trees in the first place, and some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no-one should ever have left the oceans.

https://www.bk.com/menu-item/cheetos-chicken-fries
CHEETOS® Chicken Fries are made with white meat chicken like original Chicken Fries, and are covered in a crispy Cheetos-flavored breading and cooked to crispy perfection so that they have a dangerously cheesy outside with and made with juicy white meat chicken inside.

You don't need to click it. It's cheetos and fast food combined. We wonder why the Maya left their cities and went back to the forests. Well, it was probably something like this. :wink:

If there is another food "product" that better demonstrates how far we have come from eating our natural diet, then I haven't seen it.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've talked about those cheese dust abominations several times already. Even my kids think they sound super gross! Even my son that always wants to try all of Taco Bell's creations. Lol

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    :o
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Zero grams of sugar though. :D
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What an abomination.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I actually ate one this weekend. I was still running a fever from my throat infection, so maybe I was a bit delirious? Needless to say, it was awful!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    Non-food is found in huge quantities in what is commonly known as the cereal aisle. It's mostly sugar infused cardboard and goes by names such as Captain Crunch, Coco Puffs, and Pebbles. The really insane thing is that it costs more per pound than Bacon. (Bacon is the measuring stick by which I judge all things.)

I'm aghast that lucky charms are still made. just eat a bowl of sugar! they are disgusting
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I used to eat cereal by the pound lol once in the morning, afternoon snack and late night snack. Cocoa Puffs was my drug of choice.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I used to eat cereal by the pound lol once in the morning, afternoon snack and late night snack. Cocoa Puffs was my drug of choice.

Cinnamon. Toast. Crunch. I could demolish an entire box in a day.

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »

Anything with fake crap marshmallows. Sounds disgusting now.
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My fave was Cap'n Crunch.
    I never liked the regular chicken fries, so I don't think that even Cheetos would save them.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    And on the other side of the planet... still believe the Japanese diet is best? lookit whut dey's eatin' now:

Weight-watchers rejoice: ‘Healthy’ chocolate output to expand

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201609210005.html
    Libera contains indigestible dextrin, a dietary fiber derived from corn, and its package says it “reduces the absorption of fat and sugar.”
    ---
    Is dextrin good? made from corn??
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    IDK...I'm guessing I would have like it. Meat and cheese? Well, cheese flavour...

I make my kids chicken nuggets every week, and the coating is half cheese... I bet they'd prefer this. LOL

There quite a few non foods / non recognizable foods I enjoy(ed). Soda, jelly beans, cotton candy, cinnamon bun, gum, marshmallows, hot dogs, cheese, headcheese, chocolate.

I admit it. I have immature taste buds.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    Non-food is found in huge quantities in what is commonly known as the cereal aisle. It's mostly sugar infused cardboard and goes by names such as Captain Crunch, Coco Puffs, and Pebbles. The really insane thing is that it costs more per pound than Bacon. (Bacon is the measuring stick by which I judge all things.)

This is why, when I want a cereal, Rice Chex are my go to. It's nigh impossible to find anything more simple anymore.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Lol. They sound utterly deplorable.....no just kidding! I would eat them buy the bucketful!!!!
  • SueMizzou52
    SueMizzou52 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I really feel sorry for the person whose job it is to develop a new Taco Bell semi-food each month. Yikes, chicken cheese fries sound almost as bad as a double chalupa
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Oh man. @FIT_Goat the worst I've ever seen were those mac and cheese bites covered in cheeto dust. The worst part is they sound like something that would taste awesome but you'd be regretting that decision later in a few hours (and on the scale the next weigh in).

Review with pics:
    http://bgr.com/2016/06/27/burger-king-mac-n-cheetos-review/

I don't think I could ever bring myself to order that. I remember when those dorito taco bell shells came out and I thought those were pretty disgusting too, but my taste buds disagreed with me. Damn taste buds, what is wrong with you! That's barely even real food! F*ckin doritos man. So addictive and so terrible for you.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »

Reese peanut butter cups cereal was my favorite. Peanut butter and chocolate? Sold. I remember eating a "bowl" (basically a large mixing bowl or something meant for a salad) of it almost every day. And I'd eat the whole thing, feel full for an hour and then be hungry again. I was maybe 12 or 14 so I didn't know about the carbs/sugar effect it was having on me.

Capt Crunch tasted good but realistically you can only eat one or two bowls before the roof of your mouth says ok, that's enough of that.