favorite apps?

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
A friend (who's a geek like me) just got put on an "atkins style" diet (her words).This is her first foray into low carbing. She's asking me about apps other than just MFP for carb tracking, recipes etc. Does anyone have any favorite iphone/android apps for low carb and ketogenic diets?

cheers

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Someone will help you with this, I just know it. I, personally, cannot. Please, contain your grief. :D
  • jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't have an app that a love outside of Happy Scale. But for food ideas I love alldayidreamaboutfood.com
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I use the MapMyWalk app for tracking miles/steps. That is, when I remember to turn it on at the beginning of a walk. :/

It syncs to MFP, so I don't have to manually add my workouts here. That is, when I remember to turn it on at the beginning of a walk.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    The 1st week I went keto I used the diary app on atkins.com to monitor my food/macro intake. I liked it. Have no complaints about it. It was actually quite user friendly.

The reason I remained here is mostly because...pals... and the fact I had been here almost 3 years and had already sorted through the massive MFP food database and "tagged" the accurate entries I use often via saving them under "my meals". They're not really a "meal". When I found an accurate entry I would save it as "cheese by the ounce", "cream cheese by the ounce", "Table Salt by the Teaspoon", Pork Butt by the Ounce" etc.

I also had 25 pages of "My Recipes". Since going keto, I have pared that down to 13 pages of updated recipes now using heavy whipping cream versus half and half in alfredo or salt-added petite tomatoes versus salt free petite tomatoes in marinara (as examples).

I'm still a calorie counter but have made it quite easy.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    A lot of folks on my Facebook groups use Carb Manager and like it. I prefer MyNetDiary over MFP for sure. I also have and like KetoDietBasic for my phone it has a ton of recipes. Not free though. Also I'm not sure if it's available on Android or only iPhone.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Ahoy, @Phrick!

What in particular do you like about MyNetDiary? I just installed it - any tips appreciated.
  • Phrick
    Options
    The database is regulated so you don't have to triple-check entries across several platforms - that's the biggest thing

The trackers tab (not sure if that's a paid feature or not) allows tracking of oodles of things - ketones, glucose, blood pressure and on and on - and they have a diabetes module too

I find it easy to create a recipe and it's easy for any of my friends (which I only have 1, my husband lol) to find it in my list and add it to theirs

• jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @Phrick is MyNetDiary a pay site? Or is there a free option I'm not seeing?
  • Phrick
    Options
    jassnip wrote: »

They used to have a free web version however I believe that went away - BUT the MyNetDiary app on iPhone (and I believe Android, don't quote me on that one though) is free still and has most of the same functions. I love it so much I sprung for the paid version and didn't realize the free option was now a "14-day free TRIAL" - sorry :-/
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    When I was using the ADA exchange diet I used
    CheckOff Diet Tracker
    It was super easy to set up & use. :)

mjnzi6h4xqju.gif

>:) or o:)
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been using stupid simple keto app. I like it.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options

They do have a free app; I just installed it tonight. However, if you want to customize your macros you have to pay for the upgraded version. :(
  • Phrick
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »

They do have a free app; I just installed it tonight. However, if you want to customize your macros you have to pay for the upgraded version. :(

that's damn disappointing! I paid for the membership right from the beginning so I never checked out the free version... so sorry everybody.