New to this group

Options
Hello. I was on mfp on and off many times. It is time to drop the weight once and for all. Learn to control my emotional eating. I am looking for support and friends. Thanks. I am a 39 year old mom of one. I work full time and am married to a man who has never had a weight issue in his life. Over the 16 years of marriage I have managed to gain 70 pounds. Yuck! I have more self loathing than ever!

Replies

• Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!!! So sorry you're struggling right now. self loathing is the worst! Hopefully you will get the support you're seeking here
  • melissa5142
    melissa5142 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm right there with you. Decided to get serious about dropping the weight (again) a few days ago and thought I'd give MFP a try. Just stepped on the scale today and weigh as much as I did the day I gave birth to my second child. Been married 19 years and have gained 60 pounds. I find I use food to help with my anxiety, when I'm stressed, and when I'm bored.
  • hokygirl96
    hokygirl96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ditto @melissa5142 I've become complacent over the years and the lbs are adding up. I eat food for all the same reasons as you...especially boredom. It was time to break the cycle and I just joined MFP to get motivated.