Keto Adapted and Fat Burning MACHINE

Options
JessicaLCHF
JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
I srsly love that term: Fat Burning Machine. I think if I hadn't already changed my name once, I'd use FatBurningMachine for my username!

Went off diet at a fall fair up here in the mtns of Vermont purposefully for a apple cider donut still hot from just being made. I waited for this all summer, lol. I got right back on plan afterwards, but I was sure I'd be out of ketosis this am.

My ketostix still registered dark pink! I think maybe I was burning that sugar right off at the fair as it was a lot of walking (much of it up hill!)? It's been three weeks in now, and I've lost twelve pounds in that time (total loss is 25 pounds). I'm so stoked to be a fat burning machine burning off my own stores of fat 24/7. Booyah! :)

Replies

• scottaking
    scottaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a week-long vacation. I knew this was going to be a crazy carb week, but accepted the fact and didn't feel guilty during my trip. I got home 2 days ago and immediately weighed myself - 5 lbs heavier and no color on my pee sticks.

Immediately after returning home, I went back to eating the way I was pre-vacation. In only 2 days, I'm down 4 lbs and back to peeing purple.

It seems that, once fat-adapted, your body can pick right back where it left off.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Certainly hope the above is correct, I went carb crazy today for two meals. Hoping in 2 or 3 days I'll be back on track. I think I let some physical/emotional problems get the better of me and just used them as an excuse to go binge on carbs. I'll let go of the guilt now that it's printed here in black and white and starting with dinner (which I'll probably skip) I plan to be back to LCHF. Funny how I know better, yet let carbs get the better of me.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    You really do come back fast after a blip once fat adapted. Fat adaptation is where you want to be once there it takes a long time of carb binging for your body to forget it.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Saturday was the twins 19th birthday and the son's Eagle Scout ceremony. The wife and daughter had fixed a lot of fruit trays. Saturday evening I ate a ton more of fresh fruit especially a lot of very ripe grapes that were left over. Sunday I was back into mild ketosis which was a surprise to me. In June I was out of ketosis a lot but still low carb and it was a struggle to get back into ketosis.
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have FINALLY made it! I was starting to wonder if something was wrong with me. First started out staying under 50 carbs a day and nothing, so I lowered my carbs even more to be less than 20, about week or so ago and finally. I was at dark pink this morning!! Yippee!!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • Anaaremade
    Anaaremade Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Very nice to know. I look forward to it.