Off topic - What's your favorite skin care product/line

Options
MzKrystle
MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
Working on improving my figure but also looking to revamp my skin care routine. I do have a prescription retinoid but my skin looks dull. Just curious what everyone else uses! Thanks :)

Replies

• Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I always used to get cheap stuff, nivea, cream from Lidl (I'm in Ireland so not sure if you have Lidl), but I've definitly become a little obsessed with my ageing (aaargh) skin, so have started spending just a little bit more.

In the day I used a few drops of facial oil (Dr Organic) with Olay 7 effects on top. If sunny I use Clinique city block.
    I read about Eucerin Even brighter, which is meant to be good for age pigmentation spots (again, aaargh).
    For the night I use Estee Lauder serum (love it - expensive but I genuinely think it works) and any old nightcream on top really.

I only use a facewash as a cleanser (Soap & Glory).

I found a cool app recently - Beautypedia, on which you can read reviews and you can even scan in barcodes of products to check them out.
  • brithlp_mfp
    brithlp_mfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to be a real product junkie, especially for skin care. Honestly, the cheaper stuff works just as well as the super expensive in my experience.

Boots No.7 is my preferred range at the moment (I'm in my late 40s, no wrinkles but skin's a bit sensitive/prone to occasional breakout). Even though it sounds like a real cliche, eating healthily and exercise has made the biggest difference to my skin this year.

I have seen a lot of good reviews for Vitamin C serums lately though, which claim to improve brightness and combat hyperpigmentation - but I haven't tried it myself.
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I love No. 7 too. The BB cream is fantastic.
  • tjarrett28
    tjarrett28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mary Kay girl:) I've used the products for 18 years and love it!
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The only thing I use on mine other than soap and water is CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. I use it right after I shower. They also have cleansers and sunscreens and the best part? You can buy it from any drug store and it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg!
  • JJBerk
    JJBerk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm an ivory soap gal, with a bit of olay moisturizer during the day. That's it!
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Fun to read what everyone wrote. I had forgotten that I bought Boots .7 foundation awhile back and loved it! I had lost the tube and just went back to whatever I was using at the time. I may need to revisit that skin care line....
  • mablade18
    mablade18 Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    I love Boots No. 7 for my skincare! For makeup, I still stick to Cover Girl.
  • wendygriff7
    wendygriff7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nerium Night cream! ITs the best! I know a girl that sells it, if anyone wants her info! They also have a fantastic eye cream AND skin firming lotion.... a little pricey but I love the night cream.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    New to the group, but I swear by Philosophy Microdelivery Daily wash: http://www.philosophy.com/microdelivery-exfoliating-wash.html?cgid=C134. My skin has always been super janky and acne prone. Since using this, my skin got clear and has stayed clear for 1+ year.
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Perfectly Posh has AWESOME skin care products. I have loved everything I have gotten from the company.
  • virgogardener
    virgogardener Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For my day and night cream I use the Lumene line with Arctic cloudberry, eye cream lumene, I wash my face with cetaphil gentle cream cleanser, for my body it's dove soap, my lips get classic Chapstick. Before bed I slather my feet and hands with good ole Vaseline, for the very occasional pimple it's neutrogena rapid clear gel....makeup: mascara maybelline great lash, foundation ole henricksen cc cream in light, lipstick yves Saint Laurent cremes, blush loreal creme....when it come to eyeliner and eyeshadow it's usually Almay or revlon.....always clean your face before you go to bed!
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I can't use moisturiser as I break out in spots. I use sun cream spf 50+ .
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    For skin care, Mary Kay. My MIL is a consultant so I get it all at 50% off. WIN!! :)

But for makeup, it's Clinique and has been for the past 25 years.
  • bikermom6
    bikermom6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Cetaphil soap as a cleanser, when my skin is dry sometimes I use coconut oil as a make up remover followed by witch hazel. A.m. before everything else I use Timeless Vitamin C serum. This works awesome for those age spots! If you have retinol it is holy grail. On my list to get some asap. With just turning 48 my regime has changed with cutting out cleansers & makeup full of chemicals and preservatives, all that stuff that is hormone disrupting. Beauty Counter is a good line and Paula's Choice is excellent to check out! ☺
  • Seatownmum
    Seatownmum Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mychelle for cleanser (whole foods, health food stores) and Annemarie Gianni for everything else. Wildcrafted and wonderful!
  • MTmimi
    MTmimi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use Clinique. I have rosascea, which makes my skin fairly sensitive. I also try to shield myself from the sun, with sunscreen, hats, etc.