new to group

Options
Hi there,
I am new to the group and just turned 40 in April. Please check out my profile. I could use some friends on the health and wellness journey

Replies

• melissa5142
    melissa5142 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new as well - just my 2nd day on MFP. I turned 41 in April. Have gained and lost and gained weight most of my adult life. I feel like my age & weight has finally caught up to me and I definitely can use some support!
  • BekBonnett
    BekBonnett Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 41 and have been fluctuating in weight all my adult life. I have recently hit my heaviest since losing my post baby weight. I am now 20 kg over my goal weight and feeling it opal over my body. My back, knees and feet hurt constantly! I have had 2 days of good eating and been for some slow but steady walks. Hoping I can keep it up.
  • scalebeater
    scalebeater Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting but it would be great to get support from other ladies over 49 - it's soooo hard so far!!!
  • ChristinBuss
    ChristinBuss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I joined today...turned 40 in June. Just checking in to say hello.
  • LovelyAustinite
    LovelyAustinite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I have set a goal to lose 50 lbs and I am looking for a buddy who is looking to lose the same amount (or around this amount) and who would like to help one another with encouragement, accountability and to share what is working/not working for each other. Please send me a note if you are interested. :-)
  • cdgirl94
    cdgirl94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to this group. I am 40 years old, a mother of three beautiful girls and I have been married for 21 years. I have struggled with my weight most of my adult life. I know things aren't going to get any easier the older I get so I need to get in gear now. I will gladly friend anyone who is willing to be supportive.I will do my best to be an encouragement to you as well. I look forward to getting to know everyone here.
  • DarkAngel3
    DarkAngel3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!! I turned 40 in December and I am ready to lose the 75 lbs I had lost and regained. I would love more MFP friends for motivation.
  • champchik
    champchik Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good evening from Indy
  • wow_suzibear1
    wow_suzibear1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Im 48 and a young grandma of 3 (almost 4) boys. I love to get down on the floor to play with them, but this weight is killing me on the getting back up.. time to lose the weight and finally keep it off.. End this decade on a extremely positive note :)
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have surpassed the 40 mark, as I am over 50....hope I don't get kicked out of this group lol. Feel free to add me. .... and I'm starting to feel good again.
    Married, 3 kids, 2 grand kids.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Just joined this group. Just turned 46 and am enjoying the weight loss journey on MFP!!
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Welcome @NicoleAckery ... feel free to add me
  • whiskeykittentoo
    whiskeykittentoo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway between 41 and 42. New to MFP - but not new to fitness sites/apps - so I don't have any friends on here. Just got tired of having to enter things manually into the site I was using (dailymile). Husband bought me my first fitness monitor watch and I'm loving it so far.
    Trying to lose that last little bit of weight to get to my personal goal weight, and then will get stuck into the strength training more heavily.