Proceedure Date

Options
2»

Replies

• ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    @smithebeth I believe all, but maybe one are participating in the study. Welcome!
  • smithebeth
    smithebeth Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well I am very disappointed. I was set for my baseline appointment tomorrow and procedure next Tuesday but they told me that the study has been put off because of a device malfunction. The coordinator told me that the distal tip had malfunctioned in 1 pt. and the sponsor (Baranova) is putting the study on hold for 4-6 weeks and hopefully would enroll again after that. She said that it is not a safety risk but I think that I am going to opt. for another option. Has anyone else had any complications or heard of the study being put on hold??
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    @smithebeth I had not heard that. Glad it isn't a safety risk. I haven't had any complications since February.
  • smithebeth
    Options
    @ptsmiles ... I got an email this week that the procedure is back on and they are going to start scheduling for the end of this month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! How is your progress? How much have you lost since February? Can you tell if you have the device or not?
  • smithebeth
    Options
    My procedure date is finally set.... September 27
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    @smithebeth, Are you excited? Nervous? I have lost 12lbs and some inches. I don't think I have the device, but I'm ok with it if I don't.
  • smithebeth
    Options
    Well once again it got put off?!?! Supposedly the sponsor put it off again u til the later part of October. That means we have to start the whole process over (blood work, psyc eval, etc). They hope to put all of that and the baseline appt in one. I have almost given up on it. It's like they get our hopes up and then 2 days before they put it off
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    @smithebeth I am so sorry that they keep putting it off like this. I can't believe that they are making you go through the whole thing over again.
  • smithebeth
    Options
    Oh yeah and since our labs, bloodwork, etc. is over 54 days old, we now have to go through all of that again! Uggh... It's really frustrating and I have taken time off of work for all of that and now have to do it again.... not to mention getting my hopes up and being let down. I really hope that it goes this time.
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    @smithebeth I will keep my fingers crossed for you! One thing that they have changed since I started is instead of only speaking with the nutritionist when I am in for a visit, now in between visits she calls me.
  • smithebeth
    Options
    Well once again I am set for my baseline appt on Friday and the procedure nov 15. They are doing our labs, baseline, and meeting with the dietician all in the same day. I am praying nothing changes and it is a go this time. Did they give you some type of exercise plan/ guide to go by with your diet?
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    @smithebeth I will keep my fingers/toes/legs all crossed for you. The only exercise guide I was giving was to aim for 10, 000 steps a day. My dietician said that realistically, start with what I was currently doing (closer to 5,000) and aim to increase it every week, even if it was just by 100 steps extra and try to work up to 10,000. On a good, active day, I can get close to or hit 10,000. I do Zumba two days a week, so I at least have two active days. I try to get outside and move or go to the gym at least once more during the week.
  • smithebeth
    Options
    I completed the baseline on Friday and the procedure is definitely set for Tuesday. I'm excited and a little nervous! Was your first 3 days hard?
  • lovlylady126
    lovlylady126 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today 2/6/17 is my procedure date. I'm in the second study in which the device will be in place for a year. I will keep you all updated on my progress.
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    @lovlylady126 Good luck today! You'll do fine! @smithebeth I won't lie, the first three days were tough. I had a cold when I went for my procedure, so that didn't help. I think the hardest part was having to drink all my calories. I got bored and didn't look forward to meals.
  • houstod4
    houstod4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

How are you doing so far?