First Wrist Tracker - Charge 2

Options
I have always used a clip-on Fitbit... the Ultra, the Zip, and then the One. I recently got the Charge 2 because it looked really awesome. I love some of the features and the display. I'm kind of torn though, because there is quite a big step difference between the Charge 2 and the One. I expected some difference with wearing it on my wrist, but I've had about a difference of 2500 steps per day between the two. Today, the One shows 11561 steps while my Charge 2 shows 9356. I have noticed the calorie burn is higher with the Charge 2 though, due to the HR monitor I suppose. As a result, my calorie adjustment is way higher here on MFP with the Charge 2 than it was with the One.

I use apps like Pact and StepBet that reward me based on my # of steps. I guess if I stick with the Charge 2 I will just have to work harder to get the steps.

I don't really have a question here, just my observation. Feel free to chime in though! :smile:

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It is probably sensitivity related. You might need to adjust tracker sensitivity. It will probably learn over time too. I used to have a One before switching to a Surge. Though I didn't use them side-by-side, I do know that there are some variations based on where the device is worn (One was usually either clipped on waist or in pocket, Surge on non-dominant wrist). For example, the Surge being on my wrist means that there are sometimes steps counted when I have fast and unusual arm movement. Other times, if I'm holding something heavy enough as I walk to affect arm movement, it doesn't count all steps. There are a lot of variations, though I would say you are seeing a big difference. Maybe let the Charge 2 learn a bit longer and see if it gets closer. Also, adjust sensitivity settings if needed.
  • KaeChelleA
    KaeChelleA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the input. I have just used them side by side this first week to compare. I started using the Charge 2 on Friday. I do like it though and I am getting used to having it on my wrist. Thanks again.