Oh The Heavy Cream!!!!!

Options
collegefbfan
collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
I love me some heavy cream. So just wondering when you all say you put it in your coffee or other things, how much do you use? I use 6 tbsp in my shake each morning. Can anyone drink it straight like me?

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I use one or two tbsps if I have any, and that's only because I want to save most of my calories and fats for lunch and dinner. Then at the end of the day if I'm still low on fats I start adding butter to dinner or heavy cream to tea as a late night snack, lol.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I hate the coating in my mouth that tastes rancid to me after (not a milk fan....needs to be made into cheese for me, lol). Can't take it straight, but like it in recipes.
  • Brigit723
    Brigit723 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1tbsp per cup of coffee. I use it in a lot of my egg dishes too and cream sauces for seafood.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    LOL. I use only a tablespoon but could drink it plain.

Old timers like me might see it as no different than what milk used to be. As a kid, I would walk to my neighbor's who had a farm and pick up a gallon of milk for a quarter from their spring house. No appointment needed. Just get the milk and leave a quarter.

Cream settles to the top (of what milk should be) so 1/3 to 1/2 of the jug was cream. We shook milk before we drank it to blend it.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I log my morning coffee at 2TB. It might be more or less. I kind of just pour some in my mug and go with it.

I don't think I could really drink it by itself though. I am very short so I have to keep a bit of a check on calories.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Well, I make ice cream that's about 90% cream. And I can very easily eat a whole cup of that...Lol
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I put it in my coffee (no sweetener) and use it in sauces. Never tried it on its own yet.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Love heavy cream. As a kid I used to sneak into the neighbors farmland and milk myself a cup of delishioness sometimes.

My parents would also barter veg for milk and meat. I have always known exactly where my food comes from.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1 tbsp gal if I'm using double cream (a bit fattier than American heavy cream) or 2 tbsp if all I have is single cream (a bit fattier than American half & half). I limit myself to one cup of coffee with cream each day.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I will put 2-3 oz in a cup of almond milk. That will help top of a meal that may not have been quite big enough. I have also really decided I like the way scrambled eggs come out when using HWC instead of milk. I eat 18-20 eggs a week and scramble them at least 2-3 of the times each week.

In coffee, I generally just put about a tablespoon per cup but I may drink 3 or 4 cups or more in the morning.
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have 1 tsp Goat Cream on a jello cup several times a day
  • 53YOWM
    53YOWM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well, I enjoy drinking half-n-half straight. I haven't found any heavy cream that doesn't have carrageenan or disodium phosphate in it, so I haven't bought any. I guess I use 2oz of H-n-H in my coffee or tea.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    we have completely replaced milk in our house with HC. I use about 1 Tbs in a cup of coffee, plus I put another Tbs in my scrambled eggs.

Every recipe we use that calls for milk, I use 50/50 mix of cream and water. More flavor, more fat, none of the sugar.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Love it in coffee and, of course, whipped on just about anything!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    53YOWM wrote: »
    Well, I enjoy drinking half-n-half straight. I haven't found any heavy cream that doesn't have carrageenan or disodium phosphate in it, so I haven't bought any. I guess I use 2oz of H-n-H in my coffee or tea.

That's a good point. A lot of that stuff is tainted by carrageenan, etc.

Sometimes you can score a good deal on organic HWC in natural food stores (try early in the week) w/o additives.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I love me some heavy cream. So just wondering when you all say you put it in your coffee or other things, how much do you use? I use 6 tbsp in my shake each morning. Can anyone drink it straight like me?

I'm not a big coffee drinker myself; however, I do love my HWC and I prefer to drink it straight even if it's a lowly tablespoon at a time. lol :) But, I also make ice cream a lot and my ice cream bases are almost always 1/2 HWC and 1/2 unsweetened cashew milk among other ingredients.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options

I have drank a little over a cup of heavy cream straight, in the past. I like it. In my coffee, if I use it, I have no idea how much I use. I pour it and don't worry about how much.
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love my whipping cream in coffee. I can buy organic WC here, and it doesn't have all the nasty stuff in it - though it does take longer to whip (but so what?). And I use 2 TBS in my coffee (I only have one these days).

And of course I use it on berries as a dessert.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking my coffee black, but I've seen different people on here talk about HWC in coffee. I tried it last week and I've been drinking it that way since. Yum!!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    2-3 tsp in BPC and also in a lot of sauces because I'm a fan of cream-based sauces. Oh, also in desserts and fat bombs.