Help meeeeee

Options
I'm a chef, sugar/food addict, and my thyroid is low functioning. I try so hard to restrict and exercise lots, but I get discouraged at the lack of results and triggered at work...and end up flying off the rails. Also, I'm very isolated with virtually no support or accountability. Worst of all, because I've been struggling so much the last year or two, I can't even believe it's possible for me to lose the weight I gained from overeating (again) and keep it off for more than an hour. It's only 10-15 pounds I keep taking off and putting on, but it's demoralizing and feels like it might as well be a million pounds. Maybe I'd prefer that so then at least people wouldn't minimize my pain all the time. I don't feel good about myself and there's no improvement now since I returned from Europe (where I gained of course) in early July. I don't want to date or go anywhere. I don't want to be photographed or seen. I don't want to look in the mirror. I would love prayers, accountability buddies, random encouragement, or a hug.

Replies

• Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Sending you hugs!
  • GalatiansTwoTwenty
    Options
    I am just beginning this MyFitnessPal journey. I would love to have an accountability buddy! Please add me as a friend if you like.
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Sometimes we all need somebody to check in and see how we're doing.
  • Gennybunny96
    Gennybunny96 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) you can also add me if you want. I too suffer from a lot of what you described. It is not easy. I am restarting again after many attempts to lose weight. Been at this battle for 20 years now.Hang in there! We can do this
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I did roller coaster weight loss for years and years until finding this site/group.
  • lizmoves
    lizmoves Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me! I know that roller coaster all too well.