MFP wants to write all TO Fitbit and nothing the other way around

Options
Help! I Googled and can't find this answer anywhere, so maybe it's a glitch right now.
The only way I can get MFP to connect to my new Fitbit is to check that MFP will write to FITBIT ALL of this:
Sleep
Fitbit devices and settings
food and water logs
activity and exercize
friends
weight

There is an option to uncheck some of these boxes, but it keeps saying connect failed until I check ALL the boxes.

Since it's my Fitbit that keeps track of my sleep and activity, my understanding when I purchased the fitbit is that Fitbit would write sleep and exercize to MFP, and MFP would write my food down to FitBit. It seems absurd to me that I would have to delete all my activity and sleep OUT of the device that knows it, and manually enter it into a different device.

Does anyone else have this issue?
Criss

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are seeing that, but sleep doesn't come to MFP. Exercise does if you set it up properly. In my case, weight and food goes from MFP to Fitbit and exercise comes from Fitbit to MFP.
  • KaeChelleA
    KaeChelleA Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I don't remember seeing a checkbox for those things, however, fitbit activity does transfer to MFP. If your Fitbit is linked to MFP, you will see an adjustment in calories based off of your fitbit activity. Also, when you are on the main page of MFP when you log in (My Home), and you click "Check-in", it will show your fitbit steps and minutes of sleep logged. This is mine right now:

wlper8b7odn3.jpg

I hope this helps a little!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    KaeChelleA wrote: »
    I don't remember seeing a checkbox for those things, however, fitbit activity does transfer to MFP. If your Fitbit is linked to MFP, you will see an adjustment in calories based off of your fitbit activity. Also, when you are on the main page of MFP when you log in (My Home), and you click "Check-in", it will show your fitbit steps and minutes of sleep logged. This is mine right now:

wlper8b7odn3.jpg

I hope this helps a little!

Ah, I had forgotten about that sleep entry.
  • Crissthetealcat
    Crissthetealcat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It wasn't showing mine, so I unsynced, but will re-sync and retry. Thanks.