Group Newbie checking in!...sortof...

Options
Because I'm seeing some familiar faces here... :smiley:

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Yup, many of us here play in the LCD group, too. Welcome.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Thank you darlin' :smiley:
  • Bbiwbkacq
    Bbiwbkacq Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on Dr. Fung's website watching his Intermittent Fasting videos when I noticed that LCHF is promoted as a healthy way to eat. So, I'm here to learn more about this.
    Brenda
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Shadowmf023 - Given your new venture into competitive weight lifting, I bet @Gallowmere1984 @lodro and @mwyvr among others will be good resources. Of course, @baconslave is kind of incredible this way (she keeps fighting back against EVERYTHING by lifting her tailfeathers off!). I have others friends who lift too, but many of them aren't on the forums or aren't on this one...
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss - Gallowmere has already been an incredible help in that regard! I send him messages frequently (perhaps too frequently for his liking, Lol) when I have questions. I won't mind others input of course. Any and all information is welcome!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @Shadowmf023 - Given your new venture into competitive weight lifting, I bet @Gallowmere1984 @lodro and @mwyvr among others will be good resources. Of course, @baconslave is kind of incredible this way (she keeps fighting back against EVERYTHING by lifting her tailfeathers off!). I have others friends who lift too, but many of them aren't on the forums or aren't on this one...

:lol:
    Well it's either lie-down and give up, or show that arsehole-jerk of a Universe it WILL NOT make me give up. "Worse Chronic Fatigue and eye-shenanigans? Really, universe? So have another sweat-drenched KB session in your gawddamned face!" It takes me way too long to progress, but by Bacon, I'm gonna do it.
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

:lol:
    Well it's either lie-down and give up, or show that arsehole-jerk of a Universe it WILL NOT make me give up. "Worse Chronic Fatigue and eye-shenanigans? Really, universe? So have another sweat-drenched KB session in your gawddamned face!" It takes me way too long to progress, but by Bacon, I'm gonna do it.

Go Bacon ... Go Bacon **does weird happy dance**

I take long to progress too, as far as increasing weight goes. Although, I suppose a month and a half isn't a long time. Lol. But I've increased the weight by a lot recently. Because I lowered the reps. (Duh, Lol). :lol:
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss - Gallowmere has already been an incredible help in that regard! I send him messages frequently (perhaps too frequently for his liking, Lol) when I have questions. I won't mind others input of course. Any and all information is welcome!

I do ultra cycling, so any upper body muscle is not functional to me, haha.
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    lodro wrote: »

I do ultra cycling, so any upper body muscle is not functional to me, haha.

I kind of hate cycling. Lol. There are so many fun new things happening at my gym. The problem with that is, now I want to do EVERYTHING! I'll be asking my trainers tomorrow which classes I can incorporate without burning myself out. I'm interested in kettlebell and kickboxing. Although upon closer inspection it seems kettlebel was only a trial.

They do have aerobics, water aerobics, spinning, circuit training and kickboxing classes.

But I've been informed that 3 hours of hardcore exercise might be a tad overkill. Lol, but luckily there is some space between the classes. I'm just really enjoying my gym time right now. So much fun!!!