What are you training for?

Options
2»

Replies

• JonDrees
    JonDrees Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    sceleratis wrote: »
    Powerlifting. Hoping to do my first meet next year. I have some personal lifting goals I need to hit then I plan to sign up for one.

@sceleratis - Very cool. I've never competed myself, but I've attended quite a few competing and worked with a few powerlifting athletes.
  • RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Currently, for aesthetic purposes. Yup...I'm that vain.

I also mountain bike and have some biking related goals that I would like to work towards(possibly get into racing) but that's a much longer term goal.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm actually considering doing some kinda 5k in the future. But for now I've only completed day 2 of Zombie 5k (basically couch to 5k, except zombies chase you). I'm really proud of myself for giving it a shot tho, as running has never been my bag.

But for now all I'm really focused on is losing weight. I hope I can eventually have a weight lifting winter, but I just don't really see the purpose of such while eating 1100-1200 calories/day.

I only have 16-20lbs left to go! After 110lbs down. :smiley:
  • husnur0205
    husnur0205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    im training to be a fitness model
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    To get my best body thus far.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm training to become a monster at Olympic lifting...well.... hopefully become a monster :)
  • thatATLgirl
    thatATLgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to become more confident- I know if my body is in good condition then I will feel better on the inside too. Don't tell me confidence comes from within because for me, my extra weight is a huge source of stress. :p. This is for me and no one else!
  • BabiiSam
    BabiiSam Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am working towards a better and healthier life style... I have a few medical issues that I am trying to keep under control so becoming healthier is my option... and I also need to fit into a wedding dress in a yr.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    @JonDrees, first of all, kudos to you for pulling this group together.

I'm training to improve my overall health and fitness. As I grow older, I want to maintain my mobility, vitality and ability to do what I want to do. I don't want the knee replacement, hip replacement, stroke, heart attack and other weight related issues that I see happening in my circle of family and friends.
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I have an illness and knee issues and am training for a healthier, stronger, better looking me, but I'm also working out so I can train better in martial arts. Ultimately, I'm training to reach my goal of being a black belt in a few years. :#
  • LuminaStele
    LuminaStele Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Me :)
    I guess that's "who".. darn it!
    I need to sign up for something to train for..
    THE OCTAGON! I wish..
    I have to get back to work.
  • LuminaStele
    LuminaStele Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have an illness and knee issues and am training for a healthier, stronger, better looking me, but I'm also working out so I can train better in martial arts. Ultimately, I'm training to reach my goal of being a black belt in a few years. :#

Keep it up! You'll get there before you know it!