Tired of Failure

Options
misskat39
misskat39 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Hello. I'm Kat. I was once a nice curvy woman and now I am at 286 pounds. I am considered morbid obese. My height is 5'3". I have hypothyroidism, pcos, depression, anxiety. Yep all of them contribute to my unhealthy weight. But I also acknowledge that I have to be more persistent and make a change for good in my life. In 2015 my baby girl born dead at 22 weeks. I was 230 pounds and her loss made me look comfort in food. I went up to 297 lbs. I was given medications for pcos, and i started exercise. I went down to 270 lbs. Then I got pregnant again. I was soooo happy. Unfortunately, my baby boy heart's stopped at 10 weeks..it was discovered in my routine ultrasound at 12 weeks. So here I am 286. I want a baby so bad but I know my weight it's a big influence in my miscarriages. I need to do this so I'm giving this app a shot trying to find support cause I lack of it. I started already by eliminating sodas and cutting off coffee as well. I do not eat red meat and not a huge fan of carbs. I am a late eater and unstructured pattern to eat. Suggestions, ideas, help to come up with a plan is welcome. I thank you for taking the time and interest in read my story.

Replies

• tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I know everyone deals with pain in different ways. I lost a baby too, it does get better!
    I hope you have a great support system. It makes a world of difference. My church, friends and learning more theology helped me immensely.
    You can lose any amount of weight you want. Slow and steady wins the race.Take it day by day, start working out. Maybe just walking for now. Your body will crave healthier food the more you push yourself eventually trying different exercises to find some that bring enjoyment to your day. Try not to get discouraged with set-backs. They will happen, just don't let them control/ruin you, move on and forward. Hope you find the support system you need whether here or a few different areas in your life.
    As far as diet is concerned, try to eat as clean as possible, watch your sugar intake..maybe allow a cheat meal once a week to not feel deprived, just watch your portions, (even on clean eating days) Track everything.. mfp is a great tool for tracking and motivation...
  • misskat39
    misskat39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Kat, it's inadequate to say, but I'm so sorry for your losses. I second tfisher's suggestion for a support system. Your local hospital might have a stillbirth support group, or your ob might know of one nearby. Talking to others who have experienced your same heartbreak might help.

As for weight loss, I've started lots of times, but this time I'm working on not getting hung up on being perfect, and I've stuck with it longer so far.
  • kickstandup
    kickstandup Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you haven't quit yet, then you haven't failed. Just a thought.
  • shawnele
    shawnele Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kat, I am sorry for your losses too. And I want to congratulate you on making changes for your own health and that of your (future) children. You really can do this! I love checking out the success stories for motivation and encouragement.
  • greena
    greena Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to make changes that you can keep for life. It won't do any good to lose 60 pounds on some unrealistic diet, only to gain it back. Positive changes could be walking for 15 minutes a day, then adding 5 minutes each week; cutting out soda; making sure you're getting enough protein and veggies at each meal; measuring and tracking all your food. You CAN do this! Just take it one day at a time!!! If you know you're making changes for life, then you won't feel deprived, you'll feel encouraged!
  • hokygirl96
    hokygirl96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kat, I'm very sorry to hear the struggles you've had to endure. I admire your courage to share with the rest of us. I, too, am just starting on this journey and our stories sound similar. I hope that you are blessed with the child you so want. You are headed in the right direction, small changes add up to big differences over the long run!
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Kat. You've had a tough couple of years. I'm so glad you're here and working to make a difference. Keep coming back to these boards and find support and encouragement. I'm just getting back on plan after too long away. I'm determined to do it right this time! We can do this!