Robbnva
Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
Just curious to get feedback from people who actually do this

Thanks.

Replies

• silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I do. I have tried eating carbs before a run but it was a horrible idea. I felt like crap and had zero energy after about 3 or 4 miles. I feel a lot better running without the carbs, but I've been eating keto for 10 months.
  • Robbnva
    Options
    How long do you normally run? What is your carb grams typically per day?
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    How long do you normally run? What is your carb grams typically per day?

Running depends on where I'm at in my 10K training. Anywhere from 4 to 6 miles, 4 times a week. I shoot for 20-30 net carbs, depending on how much running and activity I have in a day. Fats and protiens are typically around 80-100, sometimes more.

When I went on a week-long vacation, I took a break from keto and ate plenty of carbs. I also still ran almost every day, and I felt like garbage the day after I went back to heavy carbs. I've been back on keto for a week and I don't hit that "wall" on the runs any more.

Of course, this is for me and my body. Your mileage may vary (pun intended, LOL)!
  • Robbnva
    Options
    Thanks. I'm just started the diet while I'm healing from an injury to avoid the engery struggles most have early on. Then it will be building my base mileage back up to half marathon mileage levels.