Any diabetic diaries? :)

Options
I have Type 2 Diabetes (you can see the occasional blood sugar measurement after some of my meals) and would love to see what others are doing for low-carb eating! I aim for <30g carbs/meal or <100g/day, though it doesn't always happen >_< sometimes food takes me by surprise, hence logging. Would like to add people with similar situations!

Replies

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm a T2D(type 2 diabetic) too I'm more on the lower end, as I follow LCHF I am for less than 50 total gram carb a day. I'll send you a request and if you're my friend you'll be able to see my diary. :)
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for food diaries, mine is open. I don't typically record my BG levels there.

My diary is in 4 stages.
    • Early October 2015 - late March 2016, religiously logged, 1200 calories.
    • Late March - early May, religiously logged, Blood Sugar Diet (at 800 calories) - medically supervised attempt to put diabetes into remission
    • Early May - late August - logging was haphazard while I went though cancer treatment - maintenance calories in the ballpark of 1400, and finally
    • My second go at the Blood Sugar Diet from late August to the present (will end next Monday) - logged fairly consistently.

I keep my net carbs in a 2 hour window to below 20 (initially); now up to 25. I don't specifically track or care about the daily carbs, since it is the immediate impact that shows up in my blood glucose.

I'll have a new A1c within the week - it may be a bit higher due to surgical stress. The last one was normal, and my current 7-day average for blood glucose readings is 95.

Here's a summary of a typical recent week of BG readings:

Fasting blood glucose: M: 96; T: 92; W: 86 Th: 80; F: 81; S: 82; Sun: 90
    BG High for the week: 153 (Yikes!! – that’s a response to 22 net carbs of melon – normally I can eat 23-25 and stay below 140, but at least it dropped to 95 by an hour later); low for the week: 74; average for the week: 99; average fasting BG for the week: 86.8
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I'm Type 2, also. But I shoot for lower macros. But net carbs are usually 25-30 a day. You can friend me tho!
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Type 2 diabetic here. I log all foods. Following Low Carb/High Fat Keto diet. Feel free to friend me to see my food logs.
  • Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm pre-diabetic, just started this WOE, my diary is public. I aim for <25 net carbs.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I was T2D and now pre-diabetic with the goal of being below that by the end of the year. Feel free to add me. I have been logging in MFP for a couple of months. I was logging in Fitbit prior to that. I am lower carb that what you are describing, but might have things which would give you ideas.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I was a pre-diabetic.. but I just got my bloodwork back and after a year of low carb I think I've reversed it. I'm waiting on my lipid panel and then I'll post all my test results as of yesterday. Feel free to peruse my diary, it's open! I try my best to stick with ~20g of net carbs a day and around 1400 - 1600 calories. I've been experimenting with fasting lately too which is fun, I like having one huge meal at dinner!