update and looking for guidance

Options
DSFfit
DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
So after almost 2 years of exercising a lot and eating about 1200 calories or less, I came back to EMTWL and decided I needed to do a metabolism reset.
So, all summer I have tried to eat 1600-1700 calories and I know I should be higher but haven't been able to get there consistently (its a mind game for me life long weight issues).
I did six weeks of dumbbell strength training and felt like my tshirts were fitting much looser and really all my clothes seem looser now.
My problem is:
I have slacked off big time with exercise, I have Fibromyalgia so that's one reason.
Also I've been slacking off on logging food.
I'm tempted to go back down to 1200 calories because my stomach feels huge even though my clothes are looser and jeans literally falling off.
I know I don't make much sense here.
I'm going to be 55 soon and struggling with menopause symptoms too.
Really frustrated as nothing seems to get rid of those last 15lbs that I gained at age 41 after the birth of my last child.

Replies

• girlfighting50
    girlfighting50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am far from an expert, but I'd say it sounds like you've been doing well! I wish I could say that after 6 weeks my clothes were looser. Seems to me that you should keep up the great work and give it a bit more time. Congrats on your progress! Hang in there. I'm 54 and dealing with menopausal issues too, plus gallbladder removal last year. My stomach is larger than I would like too, even without a baby born in my early forties (I was 35 when my youngest was born). It's frustratingly slow for me but your story helps me to feel that if I keep working g I'll get some results too.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hey @dsfit you are doing great! Don't be tempted to drop back down the calories! Nooooooo!
    Feeling bloat is actually a completely normal part of the metabolism reset even though it is very disheartening http://eatmore2weighless.com/how-to-deal-with-bloat-during-your-metabolism-reset/
    Don't worry about the exercise, just focus on one step at a time until you have it nailed.
    For you, that is to slowly increase your calories to where they need to be. That's it. That is the one thing that needs your full attention. Once you have the step down, THEN you can start focusing on the next steps to success.
    I totally get the mind games, you are not alone, it happens to us all, but stay focused, stay positive know that you are doing the BEST thing for your body, mind and future and keep posting here so we can fully support you.
    You are not alone. You can do this!
    Ichel EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link to that article, that is very informative.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @DSFit I'm glad you asked about the boating. I had not read that article yet. It is very informative. I have been taking digestive enzymes off and on for years. I started taking them 3-4 times a day in an empty stomach instead of a full one and just when I felt over stuffed. That change up made a big difference with the boat.