Morning/Afternoon snacks

rws262
rws262 Posts: 15 Member
What do you guys eat for your morning or afternoon snack?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    It varies. A piece of cheese. A spoon of peanut butter. A handful of almonds (wasabi & soy are my favorite). A bowl of chicken broth. A couple slices of ham rolled up with whipped cream cheese spread. A cup of coffee with a tbsp of cream and splenda.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    What do you guys eat for your morning or afternoon snack?

Hard boiled egg, Celery stalks with cream cheese, deli meat and cheese rollups.
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Usually a hard boiled egg as well in the morning, and then in the afternoon I like roasted pumpkin seeds and a little Buffalo Chedder cheese from one of the nearby Amish dairy farms - delish! But almonds/other nuts and seeds are great as well.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    When I was purely on atkins I would make turkey sausage and eat two of those with two egg whites.. For snacks I would eat an atkins bar, protein shakes. I would eat 2 ounces of a hillshire farms summer sausage and one ounce of cheese with some dill pickle.
    You can buy the canned jalapenos peppers shell out the seeds and fill them with tuna that is mixed with a mayo.. light or real...
    bell peppers stuffed with ground turkey...

Chicken wings (sooo fattening unless you make it with breast and some sauce only, that's what I would do)
  • Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Babybel cheese.
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Bubba1922 wrote: »
    Babybel cheese.

Ditto on the Babybel Cheese. Perfect portion control.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Pepperoni with cheddar cheese. About 1 oz. of each tides me over.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Pepperoni for me. I love it.
  • tribal351
    tribal351 Posts: 72 Member
    I never have planned snacks. Normally just 3 meals per day and call it good. Occasionally I'll eat dinner too early and get hungry before bed, so I keep pepperoni and pickles on hand for those times.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    I cut up garlic sausage into slices and then cut up a babybel and put a piece on each slice of sausage, nuke for 45 seconds - yum!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    I don't snack at work, lately I've been fasting until dinner and then have a big dinner. Mid day I get an iced coffee with HWC and sugar free hazelnut syrup. I found when I snacked I either snacked too much or thought about snacking too much.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Are you hungry between meals?
    I would propose that the previous meal was likely lacking in either protein or fat content or both if you're finding yourself hungry between meals.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    I only eat between meals if I am really hungry, then a P3 usually does me.
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Olives and/or cheese
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    edited October 2016

Chicken wings (sooo fattening unless you make it with breast and some sauce only, that's what I would do)

Chicken wings aren't fattening if you're on atkins...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    moonlights wrote: »

Chicken wings aren't fattening if you're on atkins...

There was a whole lotta low fat talk in there huh?
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Sugar free jello!!
    Yeah I know, technically not to plan. I've had no spikes with it though so for me it's great!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    I try never to eat snacks, but usually in the afternoon I end up starving (which means I need to add more fat to my lunch). I just keep some macadamia nuts at the office for snacking. It helps!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    I have my secret stash in my room for evening nibbles when it hits... I mix coconut, dark chocolate and almonds. Like eating an almond joy. Just in a trail mix version!
  • missholls910
    missholls910 Posts: 27 Member
    String cheese, pepperonis, homemade cheese its (bake thin sliced cheese on parchment paper for 35 min at 250) or if I'm in a hurry and craving something sweet I'll grab a low carb shake (I love strawberry!)