Introductions....

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Hello All UAC-October Members,

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,175 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I am back again to try and get through this great challenge. Last month I was not successful, but I am still determined! I have 10-15 pounds to lose, again, and having trouble staying on track with the snacks and sweets. I am going to plan ahead a lot and keep going on this journey!! Best of luck to you all.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Cynthia and I live in North Carolina. I’m so happy I came across this challenge! For about six months I’ve been telling myself I will track everything and stay within my calorie goal, but I’m too good with the excuses and fail to stick with it more than a few days at a time and then I wonder why I’m not getting anywhere! I know I lose weight when I track consistently so that’s what I have to do. No excuses. (Okay,maybe three per month. That is
    very reasonable.)

I started to see how close I am to being able to hang in there with you since September ( I assumed you couldn’t start signing in mid-month), but I took way too many pass days so I need to do much better now that I’m officially in the challenge! I’m a firm believer in accountability so I think it will make a big difference in whether I stick with it or not.

I am 48 years old, married for twenty years as of this past summer, and a mom of two girls, 17 and 11. The eldest is applying to colleges this year and the other just started middle school so there’s a lot of interesting stuff going in my life. My biggest motivation for getting in shape and losing weight is to be as active as possible as I get older and not have to slow down because of extra weight. Since I started using MFP in October of 2014 I’ve lost over 20 lbs, but I would like to lose at least another 30. I love running and playing tennis, but I need to work on getting myself to do some resistance training and doing something active when the weather is bad or my scheduled activity gets cancelled for some reason. I like the 20 minute minimum because it will encourage me to think there’s always something I can do to move. It doesn’t have to be a two hour tennis match or nothing!

Stats:
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 177.2
    Oct Goal Weight: 174

Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I've taken part in this challenge before, but never completed it. Here's to October being the one!

I'm Jess. I'm 31 years old and originally from Canada. I'm trying to get back into shape and lose weight.

My issues in past challenges have been the calorie goal. I log everything, but sometimes I just can't help myself and go over the limit.
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sherri from Auburn, Alabama. I got sidetracked last month, but this month I'm going to be laser focused and complete it!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Glenda, stay at home mom and I've recently started doing taxes.
    I've been on MFP for years, got to goal weight, which was down 200 pounds from my starting weight, then life happened and I regained quite a bit of it back. Now I'm back on my way down again.
    I love this challenge so much that I help keep moving along, I think I've even managed to make it to the end a few times. My hope is by starting in September to get my act together it will stop or slowdown at least the holiday pudge that is usually followed by the tax office pig out.

I'm also on Fitbit so if anyone needs more friends there hit me up.

Good luck to everyone and I'm looking forward to getting some inspiration from you all and making some new friends along the way.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi again! I'm here in a support means this month! I made it last month with only one pass day WOOT!!! But at the end of this week we go to Orlando for five days and I don't think any amount of park walking is going to balance the calorie overload - I'll try but I think by next week I will be in support mode for everyone else to make it this month!
  • dropitlikeitshottt
    dropitlikeitshottt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay, starting today with ya'll. Thanks for this challenge!! I NEED it and I look forward to the reciprocal support