Brilliant idea! (i can't take credit) pizza lovers

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
I honestly never ever thought of this when or for pizza and it's genius. Has anyone tried ordering this, I'd love to know how it went.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I had pizza toppings tonight (at home) for dinner eating them off the crust with a fork. Never ordered toppings only though.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I had pizza toppings tonight (at home) for dinner eating them off the crust with a fork. Never ordered toppings only though.

Yeah I've done that at home but at pizza places I usually get wings or salad never even thought to order toppings only
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Yeah I've done that at home but at pizza places I usually get wings or salad never even thought to order toppings only

Same here; didn't realize it was possible but that would be awesome!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    CiCi's is a buffet though - it has to be cheaper to buy the buffet and eat toppings off crust all day long (maybe not concious of food waste though). I have had no problem with any place leaving the carbs out for me anywhere, but I've not tried pizza yet because I scrape the crust as my family devours the crust and as others have said...I get wings. Pizza hut has a garlic parm wing that's just yummy!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    We don't have cicis here, we have tons of pizza places though, none offer buffet :(
  • Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do this with my nuwave oven at home.
  • PamWOhio
    PamWOhio Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I got Pizza a week ago and just ordered the thin and crispy crust. 2 large pieces was 38 carbs so I just made sure I had zero other carbs for my other meal and it worked but I won't make a habit of it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Be careful, Cici's pizza sauce is crazy high on sugar. I've done the scrape the toppings off thing there, at pizza hut, and a local place. Oh, and a game-party type pizza place locally does it quite often.

My small town Pizza Hut said they couldn't do this, because they didn't make anything that could be carried out this way (so not parchment paper, etc.). The one in the larger town I moved to said they should be able to do it, but hadn't been requested to do so. I usually prefer the buffet sans crust because it costs less.

The time we did Cici's like that here, it made both my guy and I suffer indigestion.

Domino's supposedly has a gluten free crust readily on the menu, and I've been told it is good, but that doesn't help hard level carb restrictions.

I haven't attempted to ask this of Papa John's yet, nor of the local place, though I'm sure if they COULD do it, they would. And their mega meat pizza (toppings only) was to die for...

The local game party place (GattiTown actually had someone up front who suggested "making to order" a pizza, which you can pick up, despite the fact that it is buffet style, and I've done it several times there, light on the sauce though, because it's really sweet)...

I have also done this at home many times...sometimes with a low carb wrap or pita as crust, once with cauliflower crust - which I hated, once with fathead crust - which made me sleep after every time I ate the leftovers, and mostly crustless. :) Looking forward to trying it with the thing chicken breasts as a base, though!
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I actually just made something similar for breakfast this morning. I just put pizza topping in with some turkey meatballs. I used tomato paste with Italian seasoning and added in some zucchini noodles as well (extra carbs there). Dang, I knew I should have taken a picture!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I haven't done that but I'm sure you wouldn't have too many problems asking for it. Maybe an odd look or two but I think we're all used to that by now :) I make my pizza at home with a tortilla, it's the perfect balance of crunch and toppings. The fathead pizza is good but so time consuming. If I do order from a pizza place I'll most likely go with wings, unless they have specialty toppings that I really want and don't have at home.