Weekly Post 02.10. - 08.10.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
After a busy week at work, buying an apartment B) and a day of schooling to the topic of psycho-sociological problems in youths today.....

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go. 'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane....tomorrow morning. Off to England to meet up with 4 of my eldest MFP friends for the second time :-)

Back home on the 12th.

Have a great week everyone! And fast for me :p

Replies

• oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Have a fabulous time! I really miss England, drizzling rain and all :(
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Flumi, have a great time!! So jealous!

Looking forward to a successful FD today. I'm making a conscious effort to add a little more protein. Last week, it seemed to work in terms of my ability to not lose control by 3 pm. I just finished re-reading the Moseley book, just to make sure I haven't really messed up the info in my head. Sometimes, things go a little screwy with our own ideas.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    No rain in my England :D Had a wonderful day and another planned for tomorrow ;)
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    @flossyruby1 Is it worthwhile getting the book? I've watched the documentary several times and have also visited the 5:2 website.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Almost made it to the summit of Yosemite's Half Dome yesterday. Was near the top of the subdome when I had to turn back due to nausea. I had just prepped for the last challenging section of the hike by eating some peanut butter pretzels and drinking some flavored electrolyte tablets dissolved in water. Some of my hiking friends mentioned that those tablets make them nauseous too. I am bummed that I was so close only to turn around, but I am also satisfied that I did as best I could on a long challenging journey of nearly 20 miles round trip from where our car was parked. This was really tough for me including the practice hikes so I'm not sure I will attempt it again . . . Anyway, no fasting for me today, but since I am still at bit queasy about food I may try it tomorrow. Oolou, I borrowed the book from the library and it was a quick interesting read.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Oolou, I've seen the documentary and website. The book, for me, gets into more details and provides more scientific information, which I like. A large part of it is meal ideas, which is fine but not valuable. Planning meals on MFP makes things easy. I have the book on my kindle and it's nice to go back every now and again. But if you aren't sure, borrowing it from the library is a great way to see if you want to buy it!

Sanjo...SO sorry to hear about your Yosemite plans getting derailed by nausea. I live in the area and a lot of people here attempt climbing half dome, but have the same experience. Making it as far as you did is a great accomplishment.

Had a great FD yesterday. Here's to hoping it translates on the scale. My numbers have been creeping up, which is giving me cause to worry since my cooler weather clothes are a smaller size. Planning another one for Thursday!
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Thank you for the supportive comments Flossyruby! The ranger said people tend to think Yosemite is like Disneyland - and it is beautiful and welcoming in a similar way - but is a real challenge. Like you, I've had a decent fast day now and hope to have another on Thursday.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Having and awesome time and have clocked up nearly 90000 steps since Sunday, including two beautiful hikes along the coast.

Enjoy your week!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Yesterday's planned FD was a no-go. When your 15 year old son asks you out to lunch, you take that opportunity. Those of you with teenagers understand ;) . I'll make today count and hope whatever pizza-related dinner (it is Friday, after all) clock in around 500 cals. The hunger I was feeling before seems more stable now since since going back to my original dosage of medication. I'm looking forward to a successful fast today!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) had a really good fd today except around 9:45pm when the son asked if I wanted some ice cream cake! So I had a piece, logged it and don't feel too bad. This is a difficult week as it was my bday, my parents 64th anniversary & now we've got our thanksgiving dinner on Sunday too! Time to try on the pants I wore last thanksgiving so I can remember how far I've come! Happy Thanksgiving people! B)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Did I just see a tumbleweed roll by?? This forum became a ghost town :p

I am on track for 3 FD this week. Yesterday, I didn't feel like eating and dance class was right in the middle of the day. So I stuck it out until dinner. Today was supposed to be a FD, but I may wind up having lunch with my husband. Tomorrow is another dance class, so I'm hoping I can handle fasting for a third time. We are going to Hawaii for thanksgiving, so I'm motivated to get my weight down to my goal once and for all. I've just kind of been fluctuating around the same 3 lbs (up and down), which is good because I'm finding me not being too strict still allows me to maintain. But some of my jeans are a little snug and since I hate shopping, it's easier to just fast with a little more vigilance. Hope everyone is doing well...the holiday season is quickly approaching and with it, too much overindulgence. We need 5:2 more than ever, IMO, to survive ;)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi flossy! Ya, I'm gonna admit I've checked into other forums lately (i.e. Menopausal & over 50's etc) so I'm guilty of being a little quieter.... but it is here that I comment, just a nicer bunch here!!
    Glad you're able to continue maintenance weight while not being overly strict.. that is where I am too. Although, I think it was you that said you needed a goal or some sort of structure in your life to achieve, I can see I'm feeling the same. Every week goes by with my measurements roughly the same but I'm left feeling, hmm, now what? Am I more goal oriented than I thought? I also find that fasting sucks right now and not sure why. I start the day out fine but am forgetting how important tea is in the afternoon or other tricks to get through the family dinner time (what they want and what I want are polar opposites!) I'm reading through my diary from last oct to help. I'm feeling sluggish too, maybe because I'm not fasting 2x per week like I should be. With all my indulgences last week my pants fit just fine, so where's my motivation? :/

• sanjoparolas
    Options
    Two fasts this week completed. Big Italian feast with friends planned for Saturday. Rain starts tomorrow. Flossy, have a wonderful time in Hawaii! We went this summer and it was delightful. Mama, I'm with you on the polar opposite family dinner preferences! I recently made the declaration that I would be making my preference and they could share it or make their own! Sounds unkind, but has actually worked out pretty well so far and complaints are down. I still make vegetarian side dishes so no one is going hungry plus it is time for the teenagers to get more involved in meal preparation anyway . . . Have a great weekend 5:2ers!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Mama, I feel your pain and struggle with the same thing. My motivation skyrockets when I'm losing and in control. But at some point, one has to stop losing weight. I do think it means you are a goal-oriented person. Weight loss, for me, has been looked at as a "project" that I've had for so long. I've been working on it my whole life. Once I got to my original goal, I was left with a void and really felt like a fish out of water because of the feeling of "now what". I still do, except I think I slacked off a bit because I gained a few pounds and I have the goal of my vacation. I suspect a little sabotage is happening because I really don't know how to live without thinking about my weight (oh man, that sounds so sad). For me, once I meet my goal, I think I'll need to continue fasting twice a week, just with more calories. I need to meet the "goal" of fasting because it's my habit now and not fasting would make me feel lost. I also think it would keep my motivation high to be able to successfully continue to fast. Does that make sense?
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Sanjo, it's SO hard when you have an omni family. I think when you've decided to go plant-based, you want to impart the same benefits to the rest of your family. But if you're met with resistance, you feel like a short-order cook. I think my kids are younger than yours. I am a veggie-smuggler (picture a pirate holding a carrot instead of a hook) and will sneak them in whenever possible. It's unfortunate that they continue to get smarter and can figure it out sometimes, but I still try. Way to go for taking a stand!!