Where do you shop?

Options
Hello everyone. I'm at the point where, although I am not *quite* at my goal, I have to buy new clothes. The smallest pants size in my closet was 6 and it is officially too big now. So I went to the mall last weekend. And all the pants at Macy's, Belk, and JC Penney were in the size 10-16 range. I seriously saw two 4s and one 2 (I am fairly certain I'm a 4) in all of those stores, and they were in "curvy" fits (I seem to have lost all my curves) or petite (I'm too tall for petite pants). So I walked away empty-handed. (I did end up getting 20,000 steps that day, which was a first for me...)

Tops are not so much of a problem as I always carried most of my weight on my bottom half so I can still wear some of my older tops, and dresses aren't either (plus I feel OK ordering both online). But I really feel that I need to try on pants, at least until I find a style/manufacturer with a proper fit. I would've taken Dockers but they only had men's Dockers! Suggestions? (I should add, I don't like the pull-up/elastic waist pants or "skinny" leg pants that seem to be popular now and would prefer something with a zipper and a button. Business casual look or possibly a little dressier.)

Replies

• trudiebamford
    trudiebamford Posts: 88 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    eBay! I like nice clothes, but it's pointless investing in them when my shape is changing, so I've been getting all my clothes on eBay. I'm in the UK, I like Ted Baker, LK Bennett, Jigsaw, Hobbs. US brands I like are J Crew & Anthropologie.

Although on a day to day basis, I live in activewear! I mostly get mine from Sweaty Betty, and Lululemon when they have a decent sale on.
  • germainesf415
    germainesf415 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been impressed with Title Nine, Prana and Athleta. Title Nine resells Prana items, so check for best prices. The fall collections for all of them have some nice casual/business options (as well as the athletic ones.)
  • annblahow1618
    annblahow1618 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a pretty solid US size 6 and 5'8" tall. I buy most of my clothing from J Crew and LLBean (although LLBean can run a little large, they go down to size 0). I also like LOFT and White House Black Market for office clothing. Lululemon is my favorite for athletic clothing.
  • lalauren1
    lalauren1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love The Limited! They have great wear-to-work pants, several different cuts depending on level of curviness, and tall and petite sizes if needed. You can generally find stuff at 50% off in store or on website.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    lalauren1 wrote: »
    I love The Limited! They have great wear-to-work pants, several different cuts depending on level of curviness, and tall and petite sizes if needed. You can generally find stuff at 50% off in store or on website.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I adore The Limited for work clothes.

Also love to shop at Banana Republic & WhiteHouse BlackMarket. Those 3 are my consistent go-tos.
  • miaow828
    miaow828 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love the Limited too! I'm also a big fan of Gap and Old Navy for pants
  • charlenegrichard
    charlenegrichard Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The Limited! I can find work and casual clothes there.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am a Gap and Old Navy fan as well. Also, we have pretty good and cheap thrifting where I live, so I buy a lot of my clothes used. It lets me cycle through them pretty rapidly, which is fun, and I don't break the bank!