Getting back on track

Options
Carnivorekat
Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
Have had a very busy and crazy few weeks - where everything has happened at the same time, so been full of stress and only just come out the other side in one piece, but unhappily my diet has gone out of the window in dramatic style. I have started the process to get back on track as it does seem to take me a while to get away from the cravings and food binges.

I have put on just over a stone in weight in about 6 weeks - so really need to sort this out and also feel awful in myself - one thing that has gotten better is most of the stomach pain I had been having has reduced a lot, still get occasional twinges and spasms in the back but so much improvement - but I know I feel so much better on LCHF so over the next few weeks I am aiming on getting back in slowly. I have tried this week but so far haven't managed to sort myself out properly, tried to do a fast to kick it back in faster but ended up bingeing both days so think I need to take a slower journey this time, so a total rethink and going to aim for getting myself to under 50g carbs over the next few weeks and then will reduce it down to 20g once I am in the groove again - I also did love going ZC and it is something I am going to aim for but need to get rid of cravings first and take it a small step at a time.

Have really missed getting on here and having the support from everyone - but that should all be easier by Friday when we get our wifi sorted.

Am starting to see the light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you back! I missed you and your perky, pink hair!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Nice to have you back! I missed you and your perky, pink hair!
    Thank you, it's a kind of raspberry pink at the minute - love my crazy colours
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    36s03hsbuxw8.jpg

>:) or o:)

I need this as my PC background...
  • HCG73
    HCG73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post myself!

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I do follow a (UK) Facebook LCHF group, but I don't find that as useful. So tonight I thought I'd come back on here to get back on the straight and narrow.

Meal wise, I'm ok, it's snacks and having sweet stuff around for my little one is a temptation at the moment. When I started in May, I was fine for ages, but now I'm near target I become lax!

I need to keep going as I'm going on holiday to Gran Canaria in just over two weeks, but sometimes even that isn't motivation enough. Shall we all try and keep each other going?

Helen
  • Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ditto here - gone off the rails after spending 10 days in the US being with the granchildren.

Gave myself a week to get over the jet lag and going low carb again. Today has been shocking, Cadbury wholenut (big bar), Malt loaf (a whole one) and spag bol - did not even enjoy it. I want to get back on track sooner than later. Did so well before my hols - loved this way of eating as never felt hungry on low carb.

Love reading posts as learning from them.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @kathrout1973 : Welcome back. I, too, missed your pink hairdo and loved following your zc excursion. I think aiming for under 50 is a doable first step, at least it was for me. Log on and keep us updated! :)
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!! *Waves*
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Yay! Glad your back! And I know you will jump right back in the swing of things in not time at all! :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Haha, took me a bit to figure out what a spag bol was with all the Britishisms, @Bubba1922. Ahh well, We're baaaa aack!
    mick-stevens-damn-toto-we-re-back-in-kansas-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    Not a brilliant day again, but moments of good, my wifi is still awful so haven't been able to get online much can't wait for Friday when the super fast wifi is connected as getting online at the minute is hit and miss - I will get it all back under control I jam just taking the scenic route LOL
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Kath! Glad to hear you're getting back on track :smile:
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @Sajyana : Welcome back to the group!