Introductions

Options
ladyrayado
ladyrayado Posts: 57 Member
Hi all! My name is Emily. I started the MRC Meta-Slim program on January 9th. I started with a goal weight loss of 17.2 pounds, and am currently down 7.2. Only ten more to go! My goal weight is 110.

Please share about yourself!

Replies

• heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Donna. I lost 40 lbs doing meta-slim over a year ago. Just rejoined to lose another 10 or so lbs after gaining a bit over the holidays. So far I am down 6 lbs and would like to lose another 6 before going on maintenance again. So glad to find an MRC group.
  • giggles42702
    giggles42702 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Charla and I just started MRC MetaBalance. I'm excited to loose weight and keep it off. I know 8 different people that have lost 20 or more pounds. My goal is 40 but would be super pleased with 50.

Any advise or tips for this newbie?
  • gwenholmgren
    Options
    Hi - I'm Gwen. I started MRC on the Meta-Slim program in August 2012 and have reached my goal and am beginning week one of stabilization today. I've joined MyFitnessPal since once I reach maintenance I will be given a specific calorie level that I'm responsible for figuring out. I'm thrilled with my weight loss and new body and want to keep it off!
  • MrsSuperK
    Options
    Hi Gwen - Congratulations on reaching your goal! I too am going to MRC. I have lost 56 lbs with 14 to go. I hope to be at my goal by the end of March. Right now they have me on the Meta-quick diet to jump start my weight loss (I took the Holiday's off....). Good luck with stabalization - I have no idea what that entails.
  • Kho1874
    Kho1874 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I have just started the MRC Meta-Slim Diet (today is actually day one)! I lost 3.5 pounds during the pre-conditioning week, and I am eager to see how much my hard work will pay off over the next few weeks! I've got 51 more to lose!
  • star898
    star898 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Robin. I joined MRC in August of 2012 and I've lost 132.5 pounds. I still want to lose another 46.5 and hope to be there by June. It's going to be very very hard but I hope to reach my goal. :)
  • gwenholmgren
    Options
    Hi again - I missed the new posts so wanted to welcome you. I started maintenance this week and have completely failed at it. I'm going to go back to my week four stabilization menu. Can't be trusted eating in the wild. :(
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Toni. I started MRC on April 8th & have lost 6.5 lbs. I've tried almost every diet around and lost & gained back the same 20 lbs.many times. I'm hopeful that MRC will work for me. I like the one-on-one with the counselors & the accountability of this program.
  • tnmom37130
    Options
    I'm Mollie, and I joined on April 12th, lost 3.5 during the pre-conditioning week--- not sure what i have lost this week yet--
  • esaulx
    esaulx Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello, hello! My name is Jessica and I joined MRC February 4th - it's been a roller-coaster of a few weeks, but here's to getting back on track! I lost 2 lbs during the pre-conditioning week, reached the 10 lbs goal, but have gained back nearly half of what I've lost in the past few weeks.

Felt the food journal was getting a bit mundane and hadn't been using it, but here I am on MFP hoping it'll bring me back to speed.

Cheers!
  • WIPTIP13
    WIPTIP13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Its great that there is a MRC group. Today is my first day in the pre-conditioning week. I have 106 pounds to loose and I'm still in disbelief that I can do that in 22 weeks. It would be great though to surprise my family at Christmas. Any tips or tricks that people want to share?
  • Morenosn
    Morenosn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started my first day with MRC this morning and am in day one of my pre-conditioning week, I am so beyond excited to be doing this for myself! I haven't always been as big as I am now, but I have always had extra weight. After I had both of my kiddos, C-section for both, I really packed on the weight. My youngest was born in 2007 and since then I have had very sedentary office jobs. Call centers, working from home, banks, now I work front desk for a hospital, so exercise isn't something that I get regularly. When I am not working, I am at school and then home taking care of house and home, it seems there is never enough time for exercise and grabbing take out on the way home has become the "norm". I am now at my largest weight ever, 314lbs and I am so disgusted with myself. I have a big personality and I am ready to have the confidence I very much deserve. I am excited for this journey, I know it will be challenging and that is fine. I am willing to do anything as long as I can avoid surgery. I am looking for support for sure. So if you would like, please friend request me and lets help each other. We deserve the best life possible! Thanks and I look forward to sharing in each other's success!
  • litlbex
    litlbex Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started MRC on 10/4/16 pre-conditioning, looking to lose about 30 lbs. More would be great but happy at even a smaller loss. I had joined a few years ago (2012) and lost 25 lbs, but have gained it back so hoping to go back down. Doing it to help with back issues. My kids are grown and have moved out and I know I am an emotional eater. Recently single as my relationship ended after 6 yrs. I had Great Danes and that was my baby, she passed in May - so a lot of emotional eating has been going on in the past few months. Hoping to get it back under control.
  • webpaige333
    webpaige333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Morenosn wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I just started my first day with MRC this morning and am in day one of my pre-conditioning week, I am so beyond excited to be doing this for myself! I haven't always been as big as I am now, but I have always had extra weight. After I had both of my kiddos, C-section for both, I really packed on the weight. My youngest was born in 2007 and since then I have had very sedentary office jobs. Call centers, working from home, banks, now I work front desk for a hospital, so exercise isn't something that I get regularly. When I am not working, I am at school and then home taking care of house and home, it seems there is never enough time for exercise and grabbing take out on the way home has become the "norm". I am now at my largest weight ever, 314lbs and I am so disgusted with myself. I have a big personality and I am ready to have the confidence I very much deserve. I am excited for this journey, I know it will be challenging and that is fine. I am willing to do anything as long as I can avoid surgery. I am looking for support for sure. So if you would like, please friend request me and lets help each other. We deserve the best life possible! Thanks and I look forward to sharing in each other's success!

• webpaige333
    webpaige333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Im glad you made the decision! Good for you! It takes a lot of hard decision making to "get your head right", so my husband tells me.
  • litlbex
    Options
    Went in on Saturday morning 10/8, down a few lbs. I plan to go in tonight after work. Had a wedding on Saturday evening, they served a lot of veges but some were in a vinaigrette and the other was in a marinara sauce. But didn't take any cake or large portions. Water intake is at around 80 oz a day. I still have my 30 oz diet coke first thing in the morning but much better than before at over 120 oz. I get a 15-20 walk in each morning in addition to the walking I do at work. I want to get that walk in with ease, then move up.
  • litlbex
    Options
    Went in last evening, weighed in up 2 lbs. I have followed it correctly and what a bummer. I walked in tears. The worker thinks its more that i came in first thing on Saturday and then in an evening. Told me to come in at the same time to get a better weight. How is everyone else doing?