Living the Lifestyle - Thurs 10/6

Options
Calvin2008Brian
Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
Everyone says it, but just how do you do it? How do you take the guidelines of the WW program and turn them into a lifestyle you can live every day...from now on? That is what we are here to explore. Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Newbie? Join in! Veteran? Join in! Your thoughts may be just what someone else needs to hear.

Monday -- Podkey / Bob
Tuesday -- misterhub / Greg
Wednesday -- beachwoman2006 / Cindy
Thursday -- Calvin2008Brian / Brian
Friday -- Al_Howard / Al

Today's topic - fill in the blanks: "When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about _______ but a slob about _______."

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,142 Member
    Options
    "When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about BEER but a slob about CANDY."
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about beer but a slob about jelly beans.

I guess great minds think alike regarding beer, Al! Seriously, I can't drink cheap beer these days!

The slob part of the question was much harder to answer. It's been a long time since I've felt like there are foods that I eat without abandon, or are "trigger foods," or whatever (that's how I'm interpreting "slob"). With that said, my current favorite sweet snack are jelly beans (the flavored ones, like Jelly Bellies). I am really good about serving myself a single serving...but...if the bag is still around, I'll often grab a second serving!
  • 60in2017
    60in2017 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Today's topic - fill in the blanks: "When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about fresh fruits and vegetables but a slob about mindless snacks."
    I can't stand poor quality produce - I think I spend more money in produce section of the grocery store than anywhere else, plus I get a weekly organic produce box. However, when I'm on a food bender, I'll eat just about anything that isn't nailed down, even stale, old crackers or similar carp.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Coffee - Wine
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Snob about gelato/worldclass ice cream, coffee, and craft beer.

Slob about some of the chips if I get started.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about coffee but a slob about chocolate.

I've never tasted a chocolate I don't like, and I will eat Hershey's with the same abandon that I do Ghirardelli.

Coffee is a whole different story. I LOVE my morning cup of coffee. One of the first fights my SO and I had was when he used the last of my Starbucks French Roast and replaced it with Maxwell House.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Rachel: oh the agony!!!
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Options
    @Al_Howard stole my answer (and didn't take long to do it either!)! ;-)

The question was inspired by the several of you who revealed themselves as candy snobs last week. I am not a candy snob by any stretch, and struggle to peacefully coexist in a household where the halloween bite-size treats are right there in the cupboard begging to be devoured.

I am a beer snob. I tested this a month or so ago at a college football game when I had the weird idea that a Miller Lite might be . . . I don't know . . . a welcome diversion? No. That stuff is awful! Best to stick to the awesome variety of small batch craft brews that are available with very little effort.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm a dessert snob due to many decades of baking a lot of my own stuff. It is the rare commercial item that I find worthy of consumption.

I'm a chip slob. I've put the hurt on way too many leftover tortilla chips, crackers, stale popcorn, etc.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about chocolate but a slob about coffee.

Chocolate = dark chocolate and GOOD dark chocolate. Coffee? Doesn't matter to me. I use cream and sugar anyway so it all tastes the same to me. I've had coffee from Starbucks about 10 times. And all of those times were when I was in Seattle doing a training session for 17 days. Starbucks provided coffee for free to us during that time.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,307 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about beer but a slob about nothing.

While I won't characterize myself as a slob about any of my food choices, I am however, pragmatic about what I select to consume. Money doesn't always match taste. :-)

When it comes to beer, however, I drink for taste not volume; so, I am pretty darned snobby.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Wow. Another beer snob here.

Diet sofa slob. Just drinking any diet sofa makes me a slob.

Just thinking about the gallons of Lite beer swill...Ick

• MICHGOLFER2
    MICHGOLFER2 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about drinking anything with calories (it has to be worth it) but a slob about chips (they need to be good, but my definition of a good chip is pretty broad).
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    @Rachel- chocolate Easter Bunny. It looked like chocolate, the package said chocolate, but...
  • Davidjm64
    Davidjm64 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about Tea but a slob about chips", I could finish a whole bag during one hour long tv episode
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    "When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about beverages, chocolate, donuts, and ice cream but a slob about potato chips."
  • spospo1
    spospo1 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    snob about bread & pizza (North Jersey/New York area) but a slob about potato chips (any size, any type).
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about a Caesar salad but a slob about baked goods (at least I used to be).

OK, had to depart from the coffee / beer theme. I absolutely LOVE a good Caesar salad, but I find a lot of places that serve something called that only make a poor excuse for one. Totally not worth it to me!

I used to eat all kinds of cookies, cakes, pies, donuts (yes, those fried wads of goo), etc. . It really didn't matter if they were good or not. I could have a less than stellar baked good experience and be absolutely fine with it. In my new life, not so much. It's occasional and for the points, it better be worth it. I definitely appreciate them more now that I'm a little more snob-like for them too.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Options
    After discussing this question with DW, I can additionally share that I am a pizza and a beef snob. Lol. She reminded me that I judge all pizza against "Youngstown Pizza," which is, after all, the one and only true exemplar of the product. As for beef, we've been buying custom quarters from a local provider for 6 or so years. Particularly with the ground beef, we notice a sizable difference when we are stuck with nothing but beef "from the store."
  • leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    "When it comes to what I eat and drink, I'm a snob about desserts but a slob about French fries."