October 2016?

Options

Replies

• djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well had my ultrasound yesterday and baby is indeed head down!!! So that is awesome news for sure. They also estimated that he weighs about 6lbs 1 oz so far with 4 weeks left to go. So the hard lump under my ribs is his butt and not his head.
    Now I'm looking forward to the next month :smiley:
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Well had my ultrasound yesterday and baby is indeed head down!!! So that is awesome news for sure. They also estimated that he weighs about 6lbs 1 oz so far with 4 weeks left to go. So the hard lump under my ribs is his butt and not his head.
    Now I'm looking forward to the next month :
  • bettymags83
    bettymags83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm over the moon for you, I got the all clear for my homebirth on Wednesday and cannot wait. Birthing pool is getting delivered on Friday and I'm hoping she shows her face shortly after that as she's weighing 6lb 8oz when I went for a scan on Wednesday with 4 weeks to go.
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I will be having my 3rd little boy in 11 days via c-section. I'm having problems with my hospital because they denied me have my tubes tied (which isn't too big of a deal in itself because my husband can just get a vasectomy) BUT they won't tell me why I was denied. It is a Catholic hospital so I know that has something to do with it but my doctor really wanted me to have it done & she has done tubals before (pretty often actually) so she doesn't even know why I was denied either. I was given phone numbers for people to contact and they won't return my calls. I even became crazy enough to call every 10 minutes until someone answered and she very quickly said I'll get back to you and that was over 2 weeks ago and still no call.
    So it's 11 days before little man and I'm so mad at this place I want to go somewhere else but it's a 45 minute drive to the next hospital and I can't expect my dad (he will have my kids) drag my kids back and forth that far..

Sorry for venting just super frustrated at this point!
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Congrats bettymags on the all clear for the home birth. I am also having a home birth with a midwife and I am super excited!! Is this your first home birth? This is my second home birth. I had a home birth with my second after a terrible hospital experience with my first and my home birth experience was incredible!! :smiley:

Sorry bestme about the issue you're having. That really sucks. Hope things work out for you in the end. Why are having an elective c section?
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Had my baby on the 7th, same as my expected due date. Baby is punctual, lol.

Was in active labor for approx 21 hours, but baby just wouldn't descend so I got a c-section. By that point it was a relief that my doctors finally gave up on vaginal birth.

Baby girl is healthy and a beauty, in my completely impartial opinion, lol.

My final weight gain was 59 lbs. Bleh. I haven't weighed post-partum yet, as I'm still recovering from surgery in the hospital. I'm really swollen - retaining a lot of water so probably won't weigh until it drops. My baby made it all worthwhile, though, I love her so much, I can't take my eyes off of her. And despite my large weight gain and that she was full term, she was a relatively small baby, weighing only 6.13. So I don't expect to drop any massive weight post partum without massive effort. My pregnancy appetite was insatiable so I truly believe I've got my work cut out for me in the coming months to get down to pre-pregnancy weight.
  • bettymags83
    Options
    I'm insanely jealous that you are enjoying holding your baby Lourdesong, I'm still on count down, 16 days til due date. Currently 28lb up but that's fine, figure I'll lose nearly a stone in the first week.

Yeah djletbreton its my first home birth. The staff at the nearest hospital were less than pleasant when I delivered my son 10 years ago and haven't heard any good stories since then. Slightly scared by the amount of medical equipment currently stacked in my kitchen however I'm buzzing by the Olympic size pool that is set up beside them lol. It's reassuring knowing that you are planning a second home birth.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Congrats lourdesong on the arrival of your little one!!! That's so exciting that she finally arrived!! And it's good to hear that you and baby are healthy :smiley:

Bettymags, I know how you feel about the horrible hospital experience. I was induced with my first one 11 years ago. That resulted in a stressed baby and decreased heart rate and an emergency c section. I did not feel in control at all. I felt forced into being induced and then everything went to hell.
    My home birth experience was great! I had a long labour (22 hrs) but didn't feel as though I couldn't handle it. Was in the comfort of my own home and could relax and it made it easier. I'm sure your experience will be great :smile:
    There was no question that I was going to do another home birth unless there was a medical reason I couldn't. Thankfully everything is going according to plan. We also have our pool ready to go. It's exciting. When's your due date?
  • bettymags83
    Options
    I'm due the 26th October, so I'm entering the any day now territory which is exciting and frustrating in equal parts.

Today was officially my first day of maternity and the nesting instinct has kicked in, shame my body isn't up to the task. Two hours housework equals 12 hours back ache - been ill throughout the whole of the pregnancy with HG so I have a couple of hours on a morning where I'm not sick so trying to make the most of it.

What's your due date?
  • djlebreton
    Options
    I am due Oct 28th so 37+2 today.
    That's awesome that you are officially on maternity leave :smile: My last day of work is Oct 18th but I only work part time so I have 6 shifts left and they are short shifts anyway.
    We pretty much have everything ready.
    I know what you mean about the nesting. I also don't have the energy to do much but I'm not sore or anything. Just takes all my energy. That sucks about the sickness. I was fortunate that I never got any sickness with this one. Do you know what your having?
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Congrats Lourdesong on your baby!

I had my 38 week check yesterday. My cervix is still in the same place it was at 14 weeks when she was worried she was going to have to stitch me, but has started thinning out. I'm still feeling really good for the most part and able to work out, even if just a walk or yoga, 4 - 5 times a week. Weight is sitting at 19-21 depending on how much water I am holding on to. I'm starting to regret saying I would work until 10/28 (5 days over due) if I haven't popped. Mornings are getting cold and its hard to coax myself out of bed!
  • bettymags83
    Options
    Oh my, I have no idea how you both of you are still working, I haven't had more than 3-4 hours sleep a night for the last 4 weeks and was falling asleep at my desk.

I've just got back for my 38 week appointment and was cheeky and asked for a sweep and was told no unless I wanted to go consultant lead and no home birth. She looked at my partner and was told me that he needs to step up and help out lol.
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    djletbreton I have to have c sections because the baby can't fit out. Sounds so weird to say it out loud. All my kids have big heads but thankfully they grow into them nicely lol
    Little man will be here in less then 48 hours! So excited. I'll be fine until I get to the hospital then my nerves will kick in.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    I've been okay working. I'll be excited to be on maternity leave though so I can try and relax before this little guy decides to arrive. Only 5 more shifts yahhhh!!! My sleep at night is pretty decent. I really don't have much to complain about lol.
    I have my home visit with my midwife tonight so that's exciting. Just a waiting game at this point.

Bestme, that's exciting that you know when you will have your baby. That would be the best thing about a c section. But I definitely wouldn't trade the long recovery for that. Hope all goes well with you and your little one.
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    At my appointment yesterday, Doc stripped my membranes, and went a head and scheduled an induction for next Wednesday, 10/26. I'll be 40+3. She says she does not think that I will need the appointment, but would rather have it scheduled than make me wait until next week. So, it's the final count down!
  • bettymags83
    Options
    Omg this is exciting, knowing that you have a date to get things going is amazing. Fingers crossed you don't need to be induced, you get to have baby snuggles soon.
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    She's here! 10/19 around 3:30pm I started having fairly regular contractions but I was comfortable enough to finish my shift at work. Got home, we took the dogs for a walk to see if it changed anything. Didn't make them worse, but didn't slow them down either. We went out for dinner at our favorite Mexican place while I could still eat because I was pretty sure it was game on and I wanted to protein/carb up. We got home, I took a shower, and climbed in bed. I got tired of trying to time contractions because they were any where from 5-20 minutes apart and varying length so I decided to try and get some sleep since we weren't going any where any time soon. 5 minutes later - POP.

We were at the hospital by 11pm. Took naps as I could but by 3:30 I had tapped out and asked for the epidural. It took 3 tries to get it in. I think this was because I waited too long and was having issues getting into position for the anesthetist to get the catheter in due to pain and pressure. Once that was in I got some sleep but I wasn't progressing as fast as they would expect for a 3rd baby with ruptured membranes so my doctor started pitocin around 7am, which got the ball rolling. And really ticked baby off.

At 10 am, a nurse checked me. I was fully effaced but still had an "anterior lip" and baby was still at 0 station. DH was in the rest room so he missed all this excitement. The nurse looked at me and told me that baby was showing significant decels during contractions and not recovering from them well like she had been in the beginning. At this point her heart rate was hitting under 50bpm during contractions, and by the time the next one started, had barely climbed back to 100. The nurse asked me if I remembered how to push and I said yes. She told me she really thought I could push past the lip and we weren't going to wait any more for baby to move down, and she needed me to push like baby was going to die if I didn't.

Well if that won't light a fire nothing will.

As Dad was walking out of the restroom, they were slapping oxygen on my face and 10 people were rushing in as my doctor came RUNNING with a medical student trying to help her gown up. I'm a sobbing wreck because of everything. Hubs, having his twins by scheduled c-section, has no idea that its not supposed to go down this way. Which is probably good because he was very anxious to begin with. Any way... after 4 pushes, she was here. Cord around her neck, and both hands clamped tight on it... Little brat!

It was an awful lot of commotion for such a tiny thing. Emelia Sol was 6lbs 10oz and 19.5 inches long and joined us Earthside at 10:22 am on 10/20. Since her delivery we have had no problems. She sleeps in 4-5 hour stretches and then cluster feeds for 2-3 hours. Nursing like a champ. We came home at 12 yesterday, and I think my dog may be more in love with her than anyone else. When she cries he sits and cries with her, and he stays as close as we will let him just staring and her, and kissing her when we permit.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    Congratulations on the arrival of your little one. Glad everything went well.
  • bettymags83
    Options
    Congratulations on her arrival. Labour can be pretty traumatic but good news everything was ok in the end. Enjoy your cuddles.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    @ashliefisch congrats! I'm glad you are both doing well, and your story made me cry at work (I had almost the same experience with my 1st but it ended in a section). But I'm a hormonal wreck these days. She's beautiful.