Would anyone like to join me in a Primal Blueprint 21 Day Total Body Transformation?

Options
alene14
alene14 Posts: 3 Member
Hello. I'm new here and thought it would be great to get a group, or even one other person who would like to do this together. There is a workbook you can use, or you can just commit to the plan for 21 days to start with. I've done this before and really felt amazing. I eat somewhat lower carb on a regular basis, but not low enough to be in fat burning.

Please let me know if you'd like to join me! I really need a kick start back into this lifestyle. I know it really works for my body. Thanks.

Sue

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Do you have a link to the specifics? I might [accidentally] already be eating this way.

Edit:
    I've got the basic idea. Most of it works for me. Except, for the lots of vegetables and some fruit. I wonder how coffee and dairy fit. I could quit the heavy cream in my coffee, but the coffee itself has to stay. I can't deal with going cold-turkey right now.

I don't calorie track or log, not on a weekly or daily basis. I do lift heavy things and do some form of light/moderate activity daily. I get 30+ minutes of full sun each day. Sleeping 8 hours? I can work on that.

I guess it depends on what sort of accompaniment you're looking for on this journey. I'm practically there, as a matter of habit.

I could "try" and log my foods. I make no promises though. I lost my food scale and don't intend to go hunt for it. I could estimate.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    1fxixc3
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey Sue,
    I have the book and think I'll join up with you. I usually adhere to PB, but I've been doing a VLC version of Whole30 (about 30-50g carbs per day) so I also believe I'm already doing it, minus the exercise and the IF. I don't have to go through a detox phase, cause already gone through it. I'll try to check in daily to give and get support.

@FIT_Goat, thanks for sharing the info!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    The carb curve works for me so I'll stick to between 75 and 100 grams a day. I'll start tomorrow!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Here's Mark's Day 1 challenge (per the book):

1. Eliminate SAD foods that may be lurking
    2. Restock prep – grab essentials from supermarket – eggs, meats, veggies, nuts, fruit
    3. Exercise
    4. Lifestyle essentials – burn a soothing candle or relax under soft lighting

This is the top-level abbreviated version, there are also some writing exercising to check in to see how you're doing.

• GrokRockStar
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My day 1 check-in:

1. Already eliminated non PB foods, so I can check this off!

2. My kitchen has been restocked, my hubby eats the same way, so it makes things easier at home. Since I'm on a VLC eating plan, no fruit for me, so I'll transition low glycemic ones later.

3. Hmmm, I'll commit to doing 20 squats today.

4. I meditate at least 15mins per day to 528 hz, so I can adhere to this.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    1. I don't eat those foods. I can't eliminate them. My wife would kill me. Still, no temptation for me there.
    2. I shopped a while ago, but spent last night cutting meat and cooking some of it. That has to count.
    3. I did squats and pushups a couple days ago. Today was pull-ups, leg lifts, and back stretching exercises.
    4. I walked the dogs. That is my outdoor / stress relief time. I could sit in the dark with my pups, but I think I am fine here. Lol
  • GrokRockStar
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Day 2 challenge (per book):

1. Diet: Primal shopping spree, be sure to obtain essentials (bacon, coconut oil, organic butter, olive oil, cheese, eggs, sauerkraut, condiments, herbs, olives, tomatoes, fruit/berries, meat, fish, fowl, nuts, veggies, etc.)
    2. Exercise: moderate duration aerobic workout
    3. Lifestyle: Expose yourself to direct sunlight in the AM and complete energizing breathing/stretching exercise. At sundown, have a calm and relaxing evening - evening stroll, quality time with the family, breathing, and stretching exercises.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Day 2 check in:

1. I have all of the essentials and have been on track for the most part all of last week.
    2. I had my morning brisk walk prior to going to work
    3. Did my morning meditation, but unfortunately no sunlight yet due to overcast. I'll have to have some relaxing time this evening.
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    alene14 wrote: »
    Hello. I'm new here and thought it would be great to get a group, or even one other person who would like to do this together. There is a workbook you can use, or you can just commit to the plan for 21 days to start with. I've done this before and really felt amazing. I eat somewhat lower carb on a regular basis, but not low enough to be in fat burning.

Please let me know if you'd like to join me! I really need a kick start back into this lifestyle. I know it really works for my body. Thanks.

Sue

So how's it going? I just joined this group and am late to the party, but I'd still like to be accountable if it's still on!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I'm still on track, but stopped counting days, as I've pretty much been eating the same foods each day. My only downside is that I haven't been able to do any outdoor exercises because of the icky weather, but still feeling good and motivated!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the audiobook. I'm a bit of a nutrition book junkie.
    Following along...
  • angelnorgaard
    angelnorgaard Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is anyone interested in doing this 21-day challenge again?