Can't stop eating?!

Options
ZRx4
ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
The last few days, like 5, I've been so hungry and unable to control my appetite and caving around the carbs. What gives? Today, I've already over my calorie goals. The last few I've been far over my goal. I'm trying to eat lots of fat (140 g a day). I don't think I'm pmsing, I about 2 weeks away from that. Any advice?

Replies

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    what is your carb goal and what is cal goal?
  • ZRx4
    Options
    Carbs around 30, cals around 1600.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I went through about 10 days like that. I'm still not logging but sry jest I'm not eating anything I can find. I ate a cupcake and was sick for a day and a half!! Hang in there. We ebb and flow it seems.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I agree with Rowdy's gal. It waxes and wanes. It's better, though, to gorge on low carb foods, than carbage. Trust all of us on that. If you're going to do it, at least make an attempt to stay the course low carb wise.
  • Niccidawn092
    Niccidawn092 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had that day yesterday, and it was totally my fault because I ate a Quest bar for my breakfast. Even though it is made with Stevia, it totally sets my body into crave mode. I usually only eat them toward the end of the day so I can just go to bed instead of eating! Is there something you are eating that may be triggering?
  • ZRx4
    Options
    I had that day yesterday, and it was totally my fault because I ate a Quest bar for my breakfast. Even though it is made with Stevia, it totally sets my body into crave mode. I usually only eat them toward the end of the day so I can just go to bed instead of eating! Is there something you are eating that may be triggering?

I've been trying to figure that out! I don't eat processed foods (other than like peanut/almond butter), perhaps it's my fat bombs, and not eating enough greens to fill me up. I've been adding in new weight routines, so maybe I'm just hungry from that? I dunno.

Reading someone else had 10 days of this, helps a lil. I'm just worried I'll gain! :(
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I have to stay away from peanut butter and fat bombs. They're too much like candy to me. I'm bummed but that is just the way it is. Early on I believe there were times I confused a mild electrolyte imbalance and need for sodium with hunger. A double double salted broth usually set me straight.
  • Niccidawn092
    Niccidawn092 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I have to stay away from peanut butter and fat bombs. They're too much like candy to me. I'm bummed but that is just the way it is. Early on I believe there were times I confused a mild electrolyte imbalance and need for sodium with hunger. A double double salted broth usually set me straight.

Very true!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    ZRx4 wrote: »
    can i ask your goal weight? I saw a formula that you can use on mfp just edit goals and change percentages of carbs etc to get close the number you want. So you know your carbs thats good. Now take your goal weight and divide by 2.2 to get into kilos. Eat 1 gram of protein for each kilo of goal weight the rest is fats. It might change up how you feel etc. maybe kill the cravings.
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yes for sure. The wife made this fat bomb recipe... her own creation actually. Crazy good ones. I usually have one every other day. Today, I are four of them. Not all at one time but still.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    When I played around with fat bombs and sweet low carb foods I had a major increase in hunger and put on weight. I have to leave anything with sweetener to holidays and special occasions.
    I can handle small amounts of dark chocolate, (not the kind with sugar alcohols added) and very lightly sweetened tea with stevia or erythritol and even berries with unsweetened whipped cream, without the hunger issues. But, eat a quest bar or anything with that level of sweetness and it's over!
  • ZRx4
    Options
    My first goal weight is 140. I'm about 156.

As for the fat bombs, I don't use the stevia or other stuff. I did add a tiny tap of honey to the batter, but maybe it's them. I was doing awesome till I added those in! Good thinking, thank you!
  • ZRx4
    Options
    Tap= tsp

Darn autocorrect.
  • ZRx4
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    ZRx4 wrote: »
    can i ask your goal weight? I saw a formula that you can use on mfp just edit goals and change percentages of carbs etc to get close the number you want. So you know your carbs thats good. Now take your goal weight and divide by 2.2 to get into kilos. Eat 1 gram of protein for each kilo of goal weight the rest is fats. It might change up how you feel etc. maybe kill the cravings.

I also want to say, I always go over my protein goals. It's about 65 g range. I'm usually in the 90's. I'll try playing with that too. Thank you!
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Must be something in the air! I have been horrible on my diet the last 2 weeks. I'll have a couple good days and then give in to some temptation and destroy the eating plan. I've done great on controlling myself for the past 10 months, but suddenly the part of my brain that says IDGAF seems to be taking control. All I can do is start over the next day and try to not give in again.
  • jlynnschroyer
    jlynnschroyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When I first added Lifting to my gym regime I got SOOOO hungry to the point that I would HAVE to eat every 2 hours and I was a complete *kitten*! seriously, I was STARVING and could not stop eating, I was so confused by it too, but it went away after 2 weeks when my body got used to exercising 9my weight DID go up a little and stall) but it all came back off and I steadily lost weight after that.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I gave up on doing Keto after finding it did not quite work for me but after an appalling summer food wise, I got back on track few weeks ago and decided to go low carb. My total carbs are generally under 100 and net carbs a bit lower but not super low, a large amount of my carbs are from green veg. I find green veg seems to keep me feeling full. I notice I am more hungry on days where I eat less greens. I like to include some greek yogurt and fruit but I do not have it every day. If I have it every day in past i noticed that set off cravings. Definitely eating things in as close to natural state as possible works best for me. Having had fat bombs in past I also found I responded to them like sweets. I guess it is all an individual learning experience finding what each body responds best to.
  • ZRx4
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I feel like I have some good ideas on what's going on. I definitely think it's the fat bombs. So I'm gonna save those as my little treats for every so often. I'll keep a better eye on my protein intake too. I feel loads better when I eat more greens, too. So definitely gonna keep that up and not be so worried about weighing greens. I feel it helps satiate me. Thanks again :)
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    When I would get stuck or get really hungry, I made myself stuff down veggies. It just worked. It was lower calorie by far that nuts for fat bombs, and worked for me