Push, Pull, Lift.....

Options
I'm getting to that point. I need to start doing more of this. I am just having the darndest time getting with the program!!
I'll start adding it then stop. Excuses! I've got all kinds! Gotta stop with the excuses!

Today I'm officially going to start up again. Starting easy and adding what I can when I can. Adding the squat, lunge, and twist routine to my daily goals.

I'd love to find some free exercise videos to add to my list so I can find something I enjoy doing.... any suggestions? Help this slacker out!!

Replies

• MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find some free exercise videos to add to my list so I can find something I enjoy doing.... any suggestions? Help this slacker out!!

I think that's the key to sticking with any exercise routine - doing something you enjoy. I hope others post some video links, too, because what I enjoy most is walking outside, and it's getting more difficult to do that now with the sun setting earlier and the weather not cooperating.

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I think allot of people use YouTube videos...I guess search body weight exercise?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender on YouTube has a variety of videos for different levels and different types of exercises.
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I read there were a couple of people maybe more that do some good YouTube fitness videos for free. I am in the same boat. Biggest loser contest is over. Now it is time to eat right and add in some exercise.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yup ... I'm a YouTuber myself. Lots of Yoga, Cardio, Etc there. All free :) There's some Jillian Michaels Shred videos also. Her Yoga Meltdown will destroy you if you aren't in shape LOL and her abs work out is the same.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I like all (that I've done, which is many) youtube videos by jessicasmithtv. They are easy to ramp up or down to your ability/endurance. I find her to be very pleasant, motivating and a decent instructor regarding form.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I second Fitnessblender.com. And if you go through their Web site instead of YouTube, you can create an account, save your favorite videos, create a workout calendar, etc. Tons of stuff on every category. I love that there's no music, too, so I can play my own stuff in the background.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender is perhaps more of what you are looking for with the push pull lift topic. Not sure. Jessicasmithtv tends to be more low impact aerobics, yoga, pilates, etc. Fitness blender is more varied.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking for things to add into my mix and try out
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I do a mix of fitnessblender, Bodyfit by Amy (I love her) and Zumba. Fitness blender has a ton of exercises from HIIT to weight training and Kettlebell (my new fave). I really enjoy Amy she's not overly "hype" and you can tell she's getting the same workout as you. Good luck finding what you enjoy! Kudos for getting started :)
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Any of the YouTube videos that are good using dumbbells for lifting. I would love to get some strength training in also.

Ideas?
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender! @collegefbfan Tons of strength training videos with dumb bells