3.5 hrs into the 5 day pouch test. Did this really work.

Options
I'm 11 yrs out. 90 lbs lost. 60 lbs regain. I'm 30 lbs away from my original weight. I need a restart and am scared I can't do it. So I thought I'd give the 5 day a try.

Replies

• tcotheran83
    tcotheran83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 5 years post op. My start weight was 330. My lowest was 169. I am now back up to 214. I am trying very hard to lose again. I do not want to end up back where I was when I started my journey. I am having some back problems and can't exercise and I am going to need back surgery soon. I am having to rely on my diet alone for awhile. I am going to go back to basics and also try the 5 day test. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me!
  • lilcharlze
    lilcharlze Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also 5 years out. I cannot really exercise, as I have back and neck issues ( and a knee issue too!). My highest was 422, I went down to 276. Currently 306 ( gained weight in the past year and a half). I am not going to do the pouch test, I am simply going high protein and low calorie. I anticipate ( hope to anticipate) a 20 pound loss in this month. I am going away in March and need to get the weight off that I gained so that I can be comfortable on the plain, in my clothes and in my skin!
  • MrsRandall081616
    MrsRandall081616 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    What is the 5 day pouch test? I'm a RnY bypass patient - surgery was in 2009. I am 5'4" and weighed over 250. I lost over 100 but have gained about half back. Just curious what the pouch test is. Thanks.**update - saw in another post that someone Googled it so I did too....found my answer. Thanks!
  • kspart89
    kspart89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did the 5 day pouch test! It was something I definitely needed to do. I had RNY in 2007 at the age of 18 weighing 338. I had major complications but soon healed and was so happy...I was the only girl that couldn't gain the freshman 15 yet (think I could) eat whatever I wanted. My insurance changed and couldn't follow up. Had major vitamin deficiencies (still do but not as bad) and had learned the right habits or diet I should be following.
    Lowest weight 210. I now gain and lose the same 25 lbs over and over. I did the test and it showed me proper portions and protein intake and how to feel full again. Now I fight with myself...is it a low carb or diabetic diet or low fat diets that I need or all the above?! The test really showed me how I want to make my surgery a success, wanting my pouch not to fail. I get married next year and plan on having children (the weight gain scares me) and I want to be healthy to do this and feel good. After the test and much research I have cut my calories significant along with my carb intake and increased my exercise...so far good results! I recommend the 5 day test...it's a step in the right direction!!