Fenugreek

Options
Cyndi146
Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
What do you know? I've been taking it for the past week or so because I was DESPERATE to ease my heartburn. It seems to be helping some. I'm not completely heartburn free but it's better.

I take 1 ACV capsule (450mg) and 1 Fenugreek capsule (610mg) about 3 times a day. I usually fast until at least noon so in the AM I am taking them on an empty stomach.

The last few days I have had major gas pains that never result in actual gas.

At first I suspected diet soda (which I am cutting out) or the few starches I let creep into my diet as the culprit. But even on days (or the day after) I don't have those, I'm still experiencing pain.

Today it dawned on me that the gas pains (which I've only experienced when I was pregnant) have been since I've started the pills.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've seen recipes that have it and considered buying it but the bags of seeds and/or leaves are so darn big it would take me forever to use them. I make Indian cuisine only once a month or so. I usually settle for a garam masala that contains it.

I've never taken it medicinally.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I tried fenugreek for increasing milk supply when I was breastfeeding. All it did was make me smell like maple syrup.

• HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I tried fenugreek for increasing milk supply when I was breastfeeding. All it did was make me smell like maple syrup.

Agreed -- and I despise the smell.
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    keptmcfk1r6l.png
    Could definitely be the Fenugreek.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Well I like the lowering of blood sugar but not much of the rest
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Fenugreek helped my heart burn when nothing else would. My pharmacist told me about it. Since I have been on LCHF that heart burn has gone but I started taking 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar with water during the meals that I think that might give me heartburn. I am a staunch believer in Fenugreek.