Calorie in take after vsg

Options
How the hell am I suppose to hit 500-800 calories after vsg? Lucky to hit 400

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'd try to help, but you either aren't eating anything or aren't logging everything. I took a look at your diary. :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how far out you are, but in the early days it's mostly about staying hydrated and resting. Trust that you will eventually have no problem hitting your calorie goals.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Um... Trust me, you'll be eating plenty soon enough.
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    I'm a year out and I still consume 800-1000 barely!!!
    Stay hydrated and don't worry about calories.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair over a month out and consume anywhere from 500-800 calories daily. MFP says my weekly average is about 690 most of the time. As others have said, concentrate on getting enough protein and water/liquids. As time goes by, your stomach won't be as sensitive and you will be able to add different foods that are higher in calories and protein.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Early on, it'll be low like that. As time goes on you'll be able to eat more. I exercise a lot and lift weights. Was told 800 calories. I tried it, I about collapsed trying to perform on such low calories. I recently saw my nutritionist..I'm 9 months out and told her I can't live on 800 calories and her eyes got huge. She said absolutely not! Not with the activity I'm doing. Thank goodness!
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone - I work out (spin class, personal trainer and walking the dogs 2x/day). My surgery was 4/18/16 and I give myself 1200 caps/day. Most days I am anywhere between 1050 and 1300. Some days so go over a bit (usually weekends). Hydration is key in the very beginning.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Two months out, my daily caloric intake is around 1200 before any exercise. Some days I am a bit hungrier and go higher. A couple of days here & there, I'm not hungry at all.