Matt's 50 Day VR Challenge

2»

Replies

• VRHockey
    VRHockey Posts: 62 Member
    Are you on Audioshield's epic difficulty?
  • mcoppola07
    mcoppola07 Posts: 25 Member

Absolutely! It's the only way to play. If you've got any songs you'd recommend, I'm always looking for new stuff!
  • mcoppola07
    Day 14:

40 minutes in Audioshield
    20 in Sword Master VR
    10 in Audioshield (cooldown)

Total workout time: 1:13:00
    Estimated burn: 677 cal
    Avg heart rate: 111 bpm
    Peak heart rate: 143 bpm

Not feeling great today so I went a bit light with the workout. I love Sword Master but every time I play it I'm scared shitless that I'm gonna smack my hand or the controller into something around me. Just gonna have to wait until I have a bigger space before I can really start digging into that one.
  • VRHockey
    VRHockey Posts: 62 Member
    mcoppola07 wrote: »

Absolutely! It's the only way to play. If you've got any songs you'd recommend, I'm always looking for new stuff!

Well, depends on the music you like but Epic is great with some old stuff like Panic! At the Disco, The All American Rejects and Fall Out Boy. The beat is pretty constant but has some awesome spurts and doesn't really have too much of a lull compared to others.

Also, if you are feeling adventurous, Avenged Sevenfold has a few songs which are hardcore on Epic
  • mcoppola07
    Week Two Check-in
    Weight: 237 lbs
    Waist: 39 in.
    Weekly Weight Loss: 0 lbs
    Total Weight Loss: 6 lbs
    % of Goal: 11%

Additional Weekly Data
    Total sessions of high-intensity VR training: 5
    Total hours of high-intensity VR training (including warmups and cooldown): 8:42:17
    Average calories burned per workout: 1,115 cal

So, not even remotely happy with my results this week. Especially since I put in way more time on VR this week than I did last time. I guess last week was just an anomaly? Anyway, I'm pretty pissed, but I guess the only thing I can do is keep at it and hope I eventually start to see some results...
  • LepperMessiah1
    LepperMessiah1 Posts: 102 Member
    edited October 2016
    One reason I included the waist measurement in the weekly reports is because it's a much better indicator of fat loss compared to the measurement on the scale. The fact that you lost 1/2 an inch on your waist this week mean's you lost fat. I averaged about 1/2 an inch a week throughout my 7 weeks, and that's a good place to be.

Your week was a success, even if that wasn't necessarily reflected by the scale. :)
  • mcoppola07
    Days 16, 17 & 19:

I did VR workouts these days but I forgot to track calories burnt. It was mostly Audioshield and Holopoint.

Day 20:

10 minutes in Space Pirate Trainer (warmup)
    40 in Audioshield
    10 in Holopoint
    20 in Audioshield
    10 in Holoball (cooldown)

Total workout time: 1:32:23
    Estimated burn: 1,144 cal
    Avg heart rate: 121 bpm
    Peak heart rate: 160 bpm
  • mcoppola07
    Day 26:

Just checking in! I know I haven't been posting on here much, but rest assured I am still doing the VR workouts. I started logging everything on my FitBit instead. However, just wanted to let you guys know that, about halfway through the challenge, I am down 12 pounds! Weighed myself this morning and I was at 231!
  • LepperMessiah1
    LepperMessiah1 Posts: 102 Member
    mcoppola07 wrote: »
    ...just wanted to let you guys know that, about halfway through the challenge, I am down 12 pounds! Weighed myself this morning and I was at 231!

That is awesome to hear! Thanks for checking back in! :D