Flavored Vodka

Options
PLAID1977
PLAID1977 Posts: 70 Member
Does flavored vodka have carbs? I've checked in the database and some entries show it as 0 carbs, some as high as 6 per serving. None of the entries are verified. Trying to plan ahead for a weekend away...

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You need this: bakonvodka.com/
    042609_bakon_1.jpg
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    PLAID1977 wrote: »
    Does flavored vodka have carbs? I've checked in the database and some entries show it as 0 carbs, some as high as 6 per serving. None of the entries are verified. Trying to plan ahead for a weekend away...

Check out what you plan to drink here:
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

I would think the additives for flavor would be responsible for the carbs in most vodkas.
    I love Colorado Mules, so all the carb comes from the ginger beer, I hardly touch them these days, but it was my go to cocktail. Now I like a shot of vodka in ginger ale with a touch of lime juice.

• canadjineh
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @retirehappy How are Colorado Mules different from Moscow Mules? I love Moscow Mules.

"Committed To Helping You Get Drunk And Look Good While Doing It" :D snort
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Any time I've ever found information about carb and sugar content of any flavored liquor, it was always too high for my keto levels. Some are sweeter than others but those flavorings come with sugar.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @retirehappy How are Colorado Mules different from Moscow Mules? I love Moscow Mules.

Colorado has a number of local distillers who only use product grown in Colorado, restaurants that serve Mules will distinguish locally sourced from other sourced spirits by listing Colorado Mule or sometimes Rocky Mountain Mule, as opposed to Moscow Mules. Also we are not big on the copper cuppie thingo around here.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Any time I've ever found information about carb and sugar content of any flavored liquor, it was always too high for my keto levels. Some are sweeter than others but those flavorings come with sugar.

According to the info in the link posted by @samanthaluangphixay, Absolut has not carbs.

"ABSOLUT VODKA does not contain carbohydrates, proteins or fat. This information is also valid for the flavoured products in our product range. For the production of flavored vodka, only natural ingredients from berries, fruits and spices are used and no sugar is added.
    1 oz. (shot) ABSOLUT VODKA 80 proof is around 67 calories. This information is also valid for the flavoured products in our product range"
  • canadjineh
    edited October 2016
    Options

Colorado has a number of local distillers who only use product grown in Colorado, restaurants that serve Mules will distinguish locally sourced from other sourced spirits by listing Colorado Mule or sometimes Rocky Mountain Mule, as opposed to Moscow Mules. Also we are not big on the copper cuppie thingo around here.

The copper cuppie thingo is the best part, lol. On a really hot night on the pub/restaurant patio overlooking the lake, the beaded condensation on the mug is wonderful.

I think @Sunny_Bunny is likely talking about those yummy things like Malibu, or Kahlua, or other flavoured liquors that often have syrups and creams included in them.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    You need this: bakonvodka.com/
    042609_bakon_1.jpg

... If you're constipated, or only if you entered a projectile vomiting competition?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

Now that's an attitude I like (even if the goal proves elusive.....)!
  • mellb34
    mellb34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

According to the info in the link posted by @samanthaluangphixay, Absolut has not carbs.

"ABSOLUT VODKA does not contain carbohydrates, proteins or fat. This information is also valid for the flavoured products in our product range. For the production of flavored vodka, only natural ingredients from berries, fruits and spices are used and no sugar is added.
    1 oz. (shot) ABSOLUT VODKA 80 proof is around 67 calories. This information is also valid for the flavoured products in our product range"

This has made my day :# love pears and raspberri!
  • PLAID1977
    PLAID1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can't open the links from work, they're blocked. It sounds like Absolut, even flavored, is a great choice...zero carbs? If so---YAYYY!! Thanks!! Mixed with some diet soda, it'll be perfect for my weekend getaway!
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Absolut mixed with diet soda is amazing! I find I burn it off a lot quicker and easier than I do wine also, which is a plus!