Nutrition!

Options
Hey All! So... I'm an on-and-off Tone It Up girl, but the best part about TIU is how they've helped me rethink how I feed my body. I thought I'd share some of it here to help you too!

The TIU Nutrition plan is based on 5 meals, and when I follow it it is LITERALLY THE BEST.

M1- Protein and Fruit- think a scramble with veggies and some berries or a protein shake.
M2- this is your midmorning snack, about 100-200 calories like an apple and almond butter, or a Kind bar.
M3- protein and veggies veggies veggies!
M4- afternoon snack! A smoothie, a handful of almonds, a banana, etc. Just that little bit of fuel to get you through your PM workout.
M5- Dinner is LEAN CLEAN and GREEN! Think roasted veggies and a light protein, quinoa, asparagus, chicken, salmon, etc.

They have a lot of great recipes available for free on the website, and free workouts on YouTube that can be really fun. And while they do seem like total ditzes, both of them have degrees in exercise science and health, lots of experience as trainers, and they work with a nutritionist too for all the meal plans and recipes.

Basically, the idea of 5 meals a day seems like a lot, but it is actually perfect, especially if you're working out more (and I'm aiming for daily activity!)

I'll be doing more meal planning and cooking at home a lot more. I'll share some of my favorite recipes here and I'd love to see what you have too!

Replies

• binkyjeni
    binkyjeni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • caromp73
    caromp73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out!
  • seanmharcailin
    seanmharcailin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking for a treat this weekend? You can make French toast! Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a dash of almond mild, and a bit of cinnamon to your egg mixture. Use Ezekiel bread and let the slices soak up the egg a bit. Cook it up and top with fresh strawberries or warmed up frozen raspberries.

Yummo!