Agent Carter cancelled *sad face emjoi goes here*

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
In case you haven't heard, the Marvel tv show Agent Carter with Peggy Carter has been cancelled officially by ABC. I liked the show and was hoping for more stories from that era. A lot of tv industry folks are saying a potential revival on another network or Netflix seems unlikely since Haley Atwell has been casted as a female lead in another show which could making for scheduling issues but you never know. Here's the online petition for those interested in signing it. It did get tweeted out by some of the Agent Carter show runners.
https://www.change.org/p/netflix-save-agent-carter-bring-her-to-netflix

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Signed. At least there's actually a chance of that happening with the Netflix/ABC/Marvel partnership going on.

But don't even get me started on those cancellations. Frankly? I'm just as pissed at the series' creators as I'm pissed at the channel executives... They don't HAVE to finish a show on a cliffhanger. Seriously. It's just an insult to your fans when you're not sure that your show is going to be renewed or not.

Seriously dreading to watch Castle's finale now.

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    :'(
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    This is the first I'm hearing of this. I'm a bit disappointed, but I can't say it was unexpected. As long as they don't cancel Agents of Shield, I'm happy enough. We have Marvel's Damage Control to look forward to at least. Plus plenty of Netflix shows and Freeform's Cloak & Dagger.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I liked the show as a midseason, or season break filler. They should have had a nice 6 episode arc that tied in with the Agents of Shield ongoing season. We can still hope they bring back Peggy for a flashback describing the shift from SSR to Shield.
    I keep putting this out into the world, hoping it will happen, I want to see David Hasslehoff come back as Nick Fury Sr. (he was in a very bad Nick Fury TV movie). With access to the Infinity Formula, it would explain why he's still around and make for a funny callback.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It didn't help that they didn't make the first season available for streaming anywhere. I didn't realize Hulu only keeps about 5 episodes of some shows, so I waited for the first season to show up on Netflix but it never did, so I didn't bother with season 2.