Drinks

Options
Okay I mentioned this in another thread but I wanted to see what the rest of you drink on a normal basis. My blood sugar runs low on a normal basis so too much water and I get light-headed without some kind of added half a packet of drink packet to it. On occasion I do drink some diet soda which I know can be addicting but never stalled me personally. And then to get in water I have drink unsweetened iced tea sometimes but then add sweetener packets to it but recently read that brewed tea has hidden carbs in it as well. So just curious what you guys drink on a normal basis to get in fluids.

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly coffee and unsweetened tea. Some plain water. Sometimes I have a La Croix sparkling water but honestly I'm not into carbonation so those are rare. I don't use sweeteners in any of my beverages.

IDK about the hidden carb thing in brewed tea because I drink a ton and it's never thrown me out of ketosis. The sweetener packs are more likely to have trace carbs because they usually have a binder to make them powdered. Liquid artificial sweetener would be carb free.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Plain water, electrolyte water with some flavor (Propel or homemade), water with flavor enhancers (Stur), BPC, and tea
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I drink water, black coffee, black coffee with 1 tbs of heavy whipping cream and unsweetened tea(green tea mainly). I indulge in an adult beverage occassionaly, but only very low to zero carb drinks.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Mostly water but also black coffee, coffee with half and half, tea, and lately, BPC.

I got a Fall Harvest tea at Trader Joes that is delicious and cozy.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Be careful not to drop your jaw too hard... I drink mostly diet soda. My weekdays, I start with BPC for breakfast, then diet soda for most of the rest of the day. There are even days when I don't drink water at all because I get enough liquid from food and diet sodas.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Plain water, some diet soda, BPC, sparkly flavored water from Wal Mart. I like tea but am too lazy to make it. Why I'll make coffee but not tea? Got me.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Seltzer or tap water with stevia water enhancer, hot decaf tea. Boullion with added salt when needed. Pretty boring.

I even just the other day, decided to give up decaf coffee with HWC and will start my day with 1 cup of BPC with coconut oil only....we'll see how long that lasts.....
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the carbs in coffee and tea. They are minuscule and are nothing compared to artificial sweeteners.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day...today I had a kombucha (fermented tea - I'm feeling very bloated after going totally off the rails over the weekend), but I'm just low carb, I don't think it would fit with someone doing full keto...
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee in the morning, water the rest of the day until I get home from work, then lately I have been enjoying broth or tea. If I want something bubbly I'll drink a LaCroix.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of hot water, also diet tonic water and diet flavoured water. I am trying to reduce the diet drinks. It is hard, but I am trying to reduce the artificial sweeteners in my diet.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Water to which I usually add some sort of flavor (the liquid crystal light flavors because although they do contain liquid sucralose, they do not contain aspartame like the crystal light powders). Occasionally an "Ice" drink I've put in the fridge to get cold. Also Zipfizz...this is an electrolyte powder (10 flavors) that I add to 16 ounces of water and I have at least one of these everyday because it's the only thing I ever found which eliminates the cramping in my feet and legs every morning. Maybe once every 3-4 months or so I'll have a diet soda when I'm out at a restaurant or at some family doing / get together that has limited drink options available.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    No more than 2 cups (8 oz each) of coffee with HWC and a little stevia in the morning after breakfast, and then plain water all day long. Sometimes (in the fall/winter, mostly), I'll have a cup of hot herbal tea or chai, usually with more HWC and stevia - I have not had any alcohol since starting to do keto in June. Frankly, I'd hate to have some wine, because I should like to have two glasses, at minimum, four at most...and with red wine being about 2-5 g carbs per serving, that'd be my whole day's carbs if I had 3-4 glasses, LOL
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add I also have 2.25 ounces or so of Kombucha Tea every day too.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    -Two cups of black coffee when I get up.
    -On a non work day/night: 7 or 8 glasses (8 oz) of water, half of which will have a tsp of lime or lemon juice and a TINY squirt of Stur or NesFrutta in it.
    -On a work day/night 4 glasses of water (1/2 fixed up as above) and 12oz travel cup of green tea, then a 12oz of some herbal tea (so I can sleep when I get home after patrol.)
    -Occasional glass of wine or straight hard liquor (1 serving - a couple times a month)
    -Very rarely A&W Diet Rootbeer when out for a bunless Teen Burger or Mozza Burger.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add I also have 2.25 ounces or so of Kombucha Tea every day too.

Yeah, I was going to ask what the consensus is on Kombucha? I do love it, and I know if it's made right all the sugar is burned off.
  • Indy408
    Indy408 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I drink pretty much only water. Not a coffee fan, don't even own a coffeemaker. Will drink a 5 Hour Energy instead in the morning. I've never been one to drink soda, but I've started grabbing a Diet Coke at work a couple times a week for a pick me up in the afternoon since it's right there in the break area and free.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I drink water, a variety of types of tea (with liquid stevia and sometimes coconut oil), and decaf coffee (with liquid stevia with some coconut oil, and/or HWC, and/or coconut beverage or almond milk).
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mostly diet coke, but I'm trying to kick the habit. Am trying seltzer w/stur flavors to that goal.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Coffee. The occasional can of sugar free creaming soda. About 1/3 of my calories go on butter and cream for coffee, which I'm okay with. I eat lunch and dinner only. Mid morning I force myself to drink my waterbottle full of water before I'll let myself have another coffee. But that's it.