Need help eating better, sugar is my downfall! Help!!

Options
laney4088
laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
I have been logging for 120 days, did really good the first few months but have been slipping back into old habits,eating candy and chips. I feel I don't know how to eat clean and what it takes. Any suggestion. I am 54 and this losing weight is not getting any easier :/

Replies

• lizandrashaw
    lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am a salt craver. I am so much more likely to slip when I'm busy or stressed. Mindfulness has been helpful for me. I am still working on it! Here's a link: https://zenhabits.net/what-is-mindful-eating/
  • laney4088
    laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info :)
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Have you tried planning ahead for the day? I find that if I stay ahead of my hunger and don't get into the "hangry zone" then I'm more likely to make wise food choices. That's easier when I am planning out my meals/snacks ahead of time.
  • Binkledorps
    Binkledorps Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Janey! I know just how you feel. I have a sugar addiction. If I have a little, all hell breaks loose. I love this app because I have had a couple of "bad" - uh really bad days. What helps is to MAKE myself LOG the bad stuff. If you eat it, make sure to log it. Then get right back on. I have eliminated all added sugars from my food plan. If I have even a little, it triggers me to have more. Also read "From First Bite" by Kay Sheppard. She is the sugar addiction guru!!
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try eating fruit instead of candy? Try interesting (and sweet) fruits instead of the boring old apples etc... fresh pineapple, fresh watermelon, berries (really good for snacking on, even frozen ones). Dates are good- in moderation! Especially with some nut butter :)
    I find that I'll be craving candy, but when I eat fruit instead I realise it was never really candy I wanted in the first place!