Are you an old friend or a new one? Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• OverseasMom
    OverseasMom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I feel silly asking this, but how can we add each other as friends? :)
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    We had to put my almost 9 year old pup down on Saturday so I seriously want to eat my feelings. So far I am controlling it but it is hard. Just a really hard week.
  • AshSarahP
    AshSarahP Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Ashley from Ottawa, Canada. Today's marks my 89th day of logging, and have lost 20 lbs so far. Been on MFP for years, but 89 days ago, I recommitted FOR GOOD! I have about 100 lbs to lose (well 80 now, I guess :wink: ). What has really helped me keep going and stay committed this time is the accountability of adding friends here on MFP and actively lurking on the message boards! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm on everyday :) . Look forward to this challenge!
  • tyboren
    tyboren Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Ty. I am 28. Have 2 beautiful daughters and an amazing husband. Youngest is 8 months. I am a newbie when it comes to my diet. Ketogenic diet. I started on the 10th of Oct. I am breastfeeding so my macros are higher than the regular keto guidelines. 120P 125F 80C. I go to orange theory fitness 3x a week. Excited to be able to fit in my old clothes that I haven't worn forever! Let's do this!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Julie, 50 years old with 2 daughters--21 and 23, from Pennsylvania. I've lost 90 lbs and have 35 left to go. This challenge caught my eye because 1) after being on a great roll losing 34 lbs since July, I'm plateauing and 2) 15 lbs would get me to onederland and switch me finally from obese to overweight--great wins to start off the new year.

I mainly just count calories on MFP now, though originally I lost the first 60 through low carb. I started exercising for the first time in my life in July which really ramped things up and got me losing again (till my recent plateau). I do cardio and weight training pretty much every day.
  • hokaythen
    hokaythen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Amy, 27, from Connecticut. Trying to lose about 120 pounds from my highest weight: I've lost about 35 so far, but still have a WAYS to go. Especially with the holidays coming up, trying to find lots of ways to stay focused on keeping healthy eating habits and increasing my exercise as much as I can.
  • 11thChakra
    11thChakra Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello. 11thChakra from New England, USA.

Age 41
    Height 5'7.5"
    Weight 170
    Married, no kids by choice.
    Emotional eater.
    Healing and growing since childhood sexual abuse.

Weight has gradually been increasing and activity decreasing due to various stressors in the healing process. Various aches and pains also emerge that I know are due to stress, weight and lack of exercise (and age).

Not on any meds and prefer to keep it that way. I would like to make intuitive eating and exercise a priority. I would also very much like to honor my natural sleep needs so much better than I do now.

I'm approximately 15 lbs. overweight and know that is likely contributing to some health issues specifially related to being female (as well as just making me feel kinda crappy all around).

This is the first challenge I've joined and want to see if doing so helps motivate me.

Best to each of you on your personal weight loss challenge.

~11thChakra
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Meghan and I just joined MFP! This challenge looked like a good way to motivate me to stay on track. I'm 41 and should lose around 35 pounds for long term health (especially my family's terrible knees...)
  • sportsmom3324
    sportsmom3324 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Becky from Iowa. I've been on this journey for many years, but am taking it seriously as I want to be at my goal of 165 by my 50th birthday in June.
    I've lost 12 pounds in the last month. It's a daily struggle as you all know, so am needing and wanting as much support as possible.
  • mariekathleen78
    mariekathleen78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Marie from NY. Stay at home mom of 3 girls ages 12-3. Looking for motivation and excited to join in my first challenge!!!
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sarah and I am from London. I turned 25 years old back in August. Since I have started my weight loss journey I have lost 41.2lbs I still have 55.6lbs left to lose. I am hoping that I will be out of the 150's and 140's.
  • jenkofb
    jenkofb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm Jennifer from North Carolina. Starting weight on 10/16/16 was 197.1. I'm down about 6lbs now and 191.6. I used to be in excellent shape, but had some health problems that turned me into a couch potato and emotional eater. I was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, so I am trying to lose this weight for my health and get back into a fitness routine to keep my bones and joints strong. My goal weight is 138 lbs. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    Options
    Hi, I'm Darin from Holly Springs, NC, US. I started a big weight loss journey in May 2015, and I ended up losing a lot of weight. But around January, my depressive eating caught up with me, and I've been slowly gaining it back.

The first time around what really helped was joining these spreadsheet type groups - because it gave me incentive to always see a loss!

You can do it - you just have to remember that you have to have a day 1 in order to have a day 100! :-D
  • caityponn
    caityponn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Caity and I am finishing up my teaching degree; I will graduate December 16! Yay! Over the last 3 years of college I have gained 35 pounds. I am just starting out at this and have not lost any weight yet. I'm 5'0", and currently 158 pounds. Eventually I'd like to at least lose 30 pounds and get down to the "healthy" weight range for my height and of course I'd like to have a rocking figure. A lot of the people I know are getting engaged and married, and I'd like to be able to go to these weddings and take pictures and feel confident about myself. Plus, when it's my time to get engaged/married, I want to feel confident in myself. I hate taking pictures that go below the neck right now. I don't feel comfortable in my body. This is the heaviest I've ever been. Not to mention the health aspect of it. I have been eating garbage for the last 3 years and I have developed a bad stress-eating habit where I will binge eat to the point of pain, and then I feel so much shame. I think eating healthier, gaining control of my stress eating, and losing weight will help me feel better about my life and more confident in myself.
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm Jeannie, from Kenai Alaska. I've lost 30lbs and have another 40 to go. I'm 48 years old and have four grown kids (one birth and three step) that are all our on their own now. So I'm an empty nester!! My husband and myself got a crazy notion that gutting an old house and rebuilding it while we live in it was a really good idea. lol. not so much. The only saving grace is that it is on a beautiful lake and the end result should be fantastic. I've been stalled in my weight loss for months and months so any support would be appreciated. :)
  • fit_escape
    fit_escape Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new (again) at MFP. Ready to get serious this time and make some changes! I have a little over 20 lbs. to loose and want to get in the good habit of working out 5-6 days a week. I am excited to be here!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ill play. or at least attempt to remember to LOL I'm Debbie and in NC, lost 80 some pounds over the past 2 years (mostly in 2015). Been maintaining mostly since then. have roughly 30 ish to go (end goal is .... whatever im feeling particularly good at, so no particular number) . Life has been nuts this year and with my work schedule now the gym is not feasible. Getting married next year but that doesnt have an affect on me wanting to lose weight, really.
  • enmonteith
    enmonteith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey All!
    My name is Erica I am from KY,USA. I am 27 and I my weight has been up and down my whole life. I lost 22lbs 3 years ago and it was amazing.. but then I started a 3rd shift job with a bunch of women who bake and love to throw potlucks every 2 weeks. Since working third shift I've went from 170 to 218. I've have tried different things to help me lose weight and some have worked but I end up giving up and binge eating for a week. This is my second week being consistent with MFP again and I am down to 215, I would love to be 200 for the new year and slowly get back to the weight I was at when I first started my job. Then ultimately get to my goal weight of 150lbs. Add me and I'll do the same. Best of luck to everyone
  • djaustin53
    djaustin53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm Debbie, 63 from Pa. I've always had weight issues but mostly kept it under control. That is...until I quit smoking in 2012. I gained 45# and am having a hard time losing 30 of the 45. The first 15 came off pretty easy. I also have hypothyroid, making it harder to lose. Looking for friends to motivate and encourage.