Chicharones

Options
BT_rescuemom
BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
Anyone ever make these from an authentic recipe? We tried to get these when in the Dominican Republic and couldn't find them. Then I saw a Honduran recipe that looked easy and delicious, so I bought some pork belly and am giving it a go tonight.

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    I have never made them myself, but I do love them! The best that I have had I bought at First Monday Trade Days in Canton (hi @RowdysLady :) ) from a little mom and pop stand that fried them up as you ordered them!
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find some authentic ones! I can't believe I'm losing weight on a diet that allows pork belly!! :D
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    I have never made them myself, but I do love them! The best that I have had I bought at First Monday Trade Days in Canton (hi @RowdysLady :) ) from a little mom and pop stand that fried them up as you ordered them!

You should let me know if you are coming out this way one month. We can have lunch at Down Home. I will have to endeavor to find that stand...YUM!! And First Monday is upon us!
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amazon has some in microwave bags like popcorn.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    You should let me know if you are coming out this way one month. We can have lunch at Down Home. I will have to endeavor to find that stand...YUM!! And First Monday is upon us!

I will certainly try, but our weekends are usually spur-of-the-moment and depend greatly on whether or not we have the grand kids. The wife wants to come out to the next one but neither she nor I want to drag the 3 year old with us! :o:D
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @ccrdragon What!? You don't want to take the 3 year old 2 hours to Canton to walk her around another 6+ hours? Geez...no adventure in you guys at all!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    @RowdysLady walking her around for 6+ hours is not the problem - chasing her for 6+ hours is the problem ;) - been there, done that, not gonna do it again! B)
  • FungusGirl
    FungusGirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'd just render that belly down! Yum!