question

Options
gwenmf
gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
So I try to get 100 ounces of water per day. I'm using Mio for flavor. Does anyone else flavor their water? If so, with what? What's LC acceptable?

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Mio is fine if you don't have any reactions or issues with the artificial sweeteners. Some people find it causes inflammation. Stur is similar to Mio but made with Stevia which is a natural calorie/carb free sweetener.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Lots of people here flavor water; I don't but it's because I like my flavored water fizzy so I buy the Wal Mart brand of fizzy sugar free waters. My daughter who is 100 carbs or less uses sugar free Mio.

I say if it fits in your macros and the sweetener doesn't bother you in regards to GI or Endocrine wise go forth and conquer!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I really avoid artificial sweeteners but I will use MIO with stevia. They have a few flavors of one variety made with stevia. Also Stur is good too.
    But I mostly drink coffee, tea and unsweetened sparkling water like what was mentioned by @RowdysLady
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Speaking of fizzy water my husband likes to combine La Croix naturally flavored waters with Mio or Stur.

Myself I drink water brewed over roasted coffee beans mostly! ;)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    What I haven't done for awhile, but need to start again: Tea.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was under the impression, it had to be Mio - and I wasn't even aware there was a sugar free MIO -- I thought they were all sugar free - though today I found some shopping that had carbs in them. that explains it. I can switch to a little cheaper brand which is always good. I appreciate your input very much. Thanks again
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've never had a goal regarding water/liquids. Currently I drink water or seltzer water with Stur or Mio (stevia flavors only). Also decaf coffee or tea.
  • MindfulMother
    MindfulMother Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use fresh lemon or lime
    ...just a slice.
  • missholls910
    missholls910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of mio. If I need something with a little extra flavor or if I'm feeling a little icky, I get powerade zero. But NOT G2, Gatorade's light calorie equivalent. It's full of carbs!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I use the liquid crystal light to flavor my water because unlike the crystal light powder the liquid crystal light flavorings don't contain aspartame.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If I'm dying for something, I like the Simply Lime mixer Cherry Limeade. Stevia with a teeny bit of cane sugar. Less than 3 grams of carbs for the packet, and some of that is from the lime zest. I love cutting it in half for just regular bottle of water (17 oz) or using a full packet when I make keto-ade (1/8 tsp mag chloride and 1/8 tsp lite salt).
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I flavor my water with lemon balm and mint from the garden. I also will add sliced lemon and/or raspberries if the mood strikes me. Not a fan of crystal light, etc addins.