Raised dosage question

Options
toadqueen
toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
My doctor doubled my current thyroid dosage for levothyroxine from 15 much to 30 mcg and liothyronine from 5 mcg to 10 mcg. I started Monday. I ached but attributed it to a long car ride. Yesterday, I ached more but attributed it to weather. I saw my pharmacist this afternoon who said the side effects I'm experiencing are not usual. I'm freezing wearing a sweater in a 78 degree car, can barely walk, have a terrible headache, aches, etc. My doctor called and said I probably have an infection at to go to Urgent Care. I'm waiting for my fiancé to get home from work.

Has anyone else experienced this? My symptoms got worse as the days/hours progressed.

Replies

• MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Update? That's an extremely low dosage of levo and I've never heard of lioth so my guess is it was a virus/infection. Please let us know how it turned out for folks who come upon the thread looking for answers. Hope you're feeling better!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt this is related to levothyroxine or liothyronine. Simply not enough time has passed for you to feel anything and the dosage increase is minor - not something you are going to be aware of.